Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for anyone who has seen both of these vendor's vests? How do they compare looks and quality wise? Whitby is $85 and Finishline is $110. Is there a difference?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
810 Posts
ttt

I want to know too. Just inventoried the FFRs and they don't look so hot. I guess they have to be bent, painted, etc.

Do the Whitby's or the Tri-States's already come shaped and painted/coated?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the Whitby's. I have received a lot of compliments on them and would buy them again. I do not know about the Finish Line ones, but these from Jeff are tough. One came off and I banged it up real good. A pair of Needle Nose pliers and some Mother's and you can not tell.

They do need to be polished to get the full effect, but they are very well made.

Either one is a big difference and better looking than the FFR stock ones.

For the money I would go with Whitby.

Call Jeff and order some.

Sean

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I can vouch for Jeff's since they are really, really nice. I cannot speak for Finishline's other than that they are really great folks. (as well as Jeff...)
The dicision is yours. I'm going to powdercoat mine in "almost chrome" when I get the chance.

·
10,171 Posts
DITTO WHITBY'S... they are hand made right here in good ole' NC.. They also have a machine shop to die for.. for all you machining needs.. irs stuff and the likes... as a matter of fact they make about all of their stuff..

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
Jeff's also have 4 mounting tabs which simplify the installation.

Keith - What is "almost chrome" powder coating?
Have you seen samples?

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Could you post a website address for Jeff Whitby? Thanks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
I have seen the finishline ones on several cars and they look very nice. But I also want to checkout the Whitby louvers also before I buy mine. Also you can buy original ones from Shelby American. Not sure about price probably expensive.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The Almost chrome looks GREAT when it's applied, very shiny but,... It needs to be cleared after the almost chrome is put on since it can rust. (so they say). The finish after the clear is more like silver ceramic. I did my valve covers in it which came out real nice for the $10 in product I used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts