Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone place an order with Whitby lately ? I did on Oct 27th and received and email with an order number. The email stated that my order was being processed, but payment was never requested.

I've called (goes to VM) and sent an electronic message under the "contact us" feature. Are they still in business ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a similar experience. Order placed September 13 with order number. Never heard from them again. No big deal because the part is not that important, but ?? :confused1:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ordered some 4.6 spacer plates from them. Never received. To their defense, they have been responsive over the phone. They said the shipment confirmation shows that it was delivered to our neighborhood parcel box, but I never saw it there. I may have to take this up with the post office.

I went ahead and ordered replacement spacers from lmr.com.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,120 Posts
Wow, I sure hope Whitby gets this straightened out. Seems every month there is another problem.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why not give Jeff at Whitby a phone call/email and straighten this out. They are 100% reputable company and extremely busy shop. obviously there is some kind of issue. I can tell you they are NOT trying to rip you off.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not give Jeff at Whitby a phone call/email and straighten this out. They are 100% reputable company and extremely busy shop. obviously there is some kind of issue. I can tell you they are NOT trying to rip you off.
Ahhh, not sure if you read my first post. I have called 336-389-0904 (number provided on the website under "contact us"), sent an email message using the "contact us" email format, AND left a voice mail with no response.

I added items to my cart, received an order number and confirmation via email, but was never asked for payment. My recommendation is updating the website to allow purchases to be made with credit card.

If you happen to have an inside line to Whitby, I will be happy to complete my order once I know how to make payment.

I NEVER suggested that the company was attempting to "rip me off".

Just trying to throw more money at another FFCars vendor...

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I've ordered a number of items from Whitby during my builds and my experience is similar. Agree they're not trying to rip you off and also agree they're a reputable company. But they're extremely busy and their on-line order process is not exactly up to the Amazon or Summit Racing level. :eek: I've never completed an order without talking to someone in person. Even then it can be a little frustrating. All I can suggest is keep calling.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,704 Posts
Don't know how many people work there but my guess is they don't do enough online business to warrant dedicating a body to do just/mostly that function. I also would guess they don't carry a large inventory so have to order or make things up as needed sometimes.
They are not good with communication, I contacted them quite a while ago for some convertible top bows, got a fairly quick message back saying he needed to figure out what to charge. Never heard back so after multiple attempts at contact I gave up and made what I needed myself.
I wonder some times why some folks try to do business like this when they seem to be so busy with other stuff.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the insight. I'll keep calling...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts