Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not badmouthing a business, just worried about ordering from there.

I placed an order a week ago. I didn't hear anything. So I sent them an email a couple of days later. No response. Called a bunch of times, no voicemail. Got a human today (yay) and she said someone would call me back. That was in the morning, no call back.

I am now hesitant to order from there but FactoryFive does recommend them as a vendor.

What gives?

·
Registered
644 Posts
They’re always slammed. It may take a few days to get a response but I’ve always had a good experience with them.

BTW, I believe orders on the website only send a message to them and the transaction doesn’t happen until you hear from them directly.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Phenomenally good work, absolutely terrible customer communications. Also expect a long time to get the body done. Should you choose them give them the body right away so that its in the cue while you are building the rest of the car. My car near completion at Whitby's in 2014.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

& in 2021 daily driver with about 10,000 miles on it.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: Alan_C

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
no question they do some phenomenal body/paint work, but horror stories of them keeping your body for 12+ months while it's in their queue.
I ordered their SS windshield inserts (highly recommended) on their website and someone called me to verify the purchase and to secure payment.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bodies for complete cars they are building probably go to the front of their line compared to someone just dropping off a body. Sure your spending 10-15 grand for paint but the complete car is 40-60 grand or more.. All just a guess on my part...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bodies for complete cars they are building probably go to the front of their line compared to someone just dropping off a body. Sure your spending 10-15 grand for paint but the complete car is 40-60 grand or more.. All just a guess on my part...
That's fine, but they shouldn't take order from the website at all. I just gave up and am ordering from elsewhere. I understand small mom&pop operations and I don't expect Amazon service. But not returning phone calls or emails for so many days is just unprofessional.

This is when I am trying to give them business. I don't want to imagine how they'd respond had I bought stuff from them and had an issue with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's true. Whoever that person is that responds should probably set aside time every afternoon for that sole purpose..

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,667 Posts
Their lead time is at least 20 months. I have a MKIV friend nearby that I met in the Spring of 2020 and his body is still there.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Not sure what they are charging now. I know the cost of supplies has increased but my body work & paint was $7,500.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Sounds like nothing has changed since 2012. I ordered my coil overs and some other items deleted from the Canadian kit from them and it turned into a bit of a goat rodeo. They sent my shocks to someone in Quebec. Took months to get it sorted out. Seemed like good people when I talked to them but, they need a much better order processing and shipping system.
Most of the parts from them are available from other forum vendors or locally.

Norm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts