Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone facing this issue? When I shut my engine off i get like a venting whistling sound. Anyone else? Just wondering if this is common to GT40 intakes or not.

[ June 06, 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: o2world ]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep. The vacuum port on the bottom sticks up inside the intake. Beer bottle effect. When you shut it down...Hoooot. Also when you get on it, it whistles. Sometimes sounds like a brake squeal at low speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, i see,..ok..so I guess I'm kinda stuck with that?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Originally posted by o2world:
Is anyone facing this issue? When I shut my engine off i get like a venting whistling sound. Anyone else? Just wondering if this is common to GT40 intakes or not.
??? I have GT40 upper and lower and have never heard anything like you described.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a search on the web and found that alot of people seem to have this issue. Haven't found a solution for it though. I am going to give the Ford Racing Techline a call. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called Ford Racing Tech Line. The 1st thing the guy said is, lemme guess....your running a BBK Throttle Body?......and sure enough am....=)...SO maybe I'll call BBK now and see what they say about that.

Ok, I just called BBK and they said that they have had a few returns about this before. They told me I can return it to be inspected. Not sure if I will do that though.

[ May 20, 2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: o2world ]

·
1,018 Posts
I have gt-40 intake w/ fms TB and no whistle.

Doug
FFR2625

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which FMS throttle body? is it 70mm? Part#?

·
creamsicle
108 Posts
hey what do you know, i always thought i was the only one. mine makes such a rushing noise i thought i had a vacume leak or some other problem. the snake runs great just makes that noise. plus when i jump on it i can hear it talking.i have an accufab 65mm throttle body so go figure. rick

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm...well I wonder if we can figure out what combinations are causing this. Perhaps it is the intake, but it's only triggered by certain throttle bodies. Are any of you using the EGR spacer? I was wondering if removing that would help? If I do that there's no where to mount the throttle cable bracket though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No EGR spacer but do have a eliminater plate from Ron Morris, about 1/8 inch thick to mount the throttle bracket. Someone once mentioned that the IAC holes in the BBK were making the noise and suggested to chamfer them to get rid of the straight edges. Never got around to it, to busy driving.

·
Registered
916 Posts
A whistling BBK throttle body is a common complaint on the Corral Forum, from what I've read.
I too have the GT40 upper and lower with a a FRPP 65mm throttle body...no whistle.
We recently have done two Cobras with BBK, and they both whistled.

·
1,018 Posts
I'm using the FMS 65mm TB. P/N: M-9926-A302.

Doug
FF2625

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a different intake. On the cobra it's a "cobra" intake and Fms 65 TB with an air/idel plate inbetween TB and intake. I make a loud sucking sound all the time. On my mustang with the smae "cobra" and 65 TB (FMS) NO air/idle plate no sucking sound. I am thinking the air/idle plate is the problem or maybe just one bad casting inside creating swirling effect. either way very annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't want to go smaller than 70mm. I found out FMS makes a 70mm, but it comes with an ECU and 24lbs injectors. I am trying to see if I can get the throttle body by itself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.