Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting up a test stand for the carbed 289s and looking at ignition, just for the test stand. Not the roadster.

Not sure which year DS II to go with.

The '86+ have the large head distributor and usual ignition box.

The '85- have the small head distributor and usual ignition box.

I'll go with the blue grommet box and a coil, just not sure which year everyone thinks is the shizzot for box programming and dizzy.

???

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave. Trying to sort thru the flood of info on the internet. Not the best. And Ryden's book helps but does not 'dwell' on the Duraspark types.

I have an iron cam, so pre-85 dizzy (with iron gear) and blue grommet box it is!

I have an insider at Advance and I think a rebuilt dizzy is good enough for a test cradle.

Save the $ for roadster.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
10-4.

Got my stand set up with a new richporter small cap dizzy, a BWD (Borg-Warner) blue grommet module for Carbed V8/MT/ mech and vac advance, and got a standard coil. All for '83 Mustang GT. Now just to get things wired up.

·
Registered
851 Posts
you also might look at some guys are not using the usual module but wiring in an hei module so that big one does not sit out on the inner fender do a google on it we did it for giggles and it works---dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.