Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already tried a search and can't seem to find it. Which Temp Sensor do I need to control the radiator cooling fan? I think it's a T-Bird, 210 on 185 off or so. Not sure. I would perfer not to use on of those sensors that pin to the radiator. Thanks in advance.

Erik

[ December 22, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Erik W. Treves ]

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Erik,

If you get a sensor in the water, where would you put it? (EFI engine) The two in the front of the upper intake manifold are both used, gauge and EFI input. Carb engine probably not an issue.

I see where you are coming from...when the water temp goes up, the fan comes on. Of course then the engive thermostat that control flow will close off.

Will this system cycle the fan on and off too much???

As an alternative approach, 3850 just has a toggle switch on the dashboard for the fan. (not saying there is anything wrong with the auto-temp controls, just saying there are alternative ways.)

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,042 Posts
I use a Auto Zone part # SW555. It is for a Chevy truck and comes on after 218 degrees or something like that. I found all this out on this forum. On a EFI motor there is a pipe plug in the driver's side rear hole in the intake that it will fit in. I also have the switch on the dash and use this as a back up in case I don't catch it before it gets that high.
Jeff Hamilton

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,038 Posts
Originally posted by Jeff Hamilton:
On a EFI motor there is a pipe plug in the driver's side rear hole in the intake that it will fit in.
The temperature at the rear locations on an intake is MANY degrees lower than at the front outlet. I would highly recommend not using the rear of the intake for any temperature sensor.

·
Registered
718 Posts
You can either buy a new tstat housing with threads already in them (FMS piece I believe) or do what I did drill and tap your existing tstat housing to install sensor there. I ran one there with my electric fan for years trouble free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts