Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing for a couple of weeks that my wee beastie is turning over slower and slower. Might be the battery but I suspect it is the starter (grounds are good). Here's the thing, if I have to replace the starter (SN95 302), should I just go ahead and get another stock unit or should I upgrade to something lighter and stronger? I'd also like to not have to reinvent the wheel when wiring the new starter. Do the any of the aftermarket starters have the same wire hookups? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Frank n Sons.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
I went with a Mr. Alternators mini starter and so far no problems. Nice guy he will send you in the right direction. Here is is web site give him call.
http://www.mralternator.com/main.shtml

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now why didn't I think of that. I got my chromed alternator from Mr. Alternator!

Frank n Sons.

·
4,494 Posts
Frank, if the stock starter has been working fine for you for a fairly long time, why go with something else? The advantages of stick with stock are, no wiring, flywheel or local availability issues to deal with.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, that's what I was thinking myself but I'm gonna give Mr. Alternator a call and see if his mini or racing starter is a direct replacement. I sure don't want to start with flywheel fitment or wiring problems.

Frank n Sons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.