Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name three current product cars that will be worth double their MSRP in 50 years and why.

PICK ONE FROM THE USA, ONE FROM ASIA, and ONE FROM EUROPE.

Here are my thoughts...

1.) Ferrari Enzo in red with low miles. Why? Because V12 limited production Ferrari's are the dreams of young boys and when they are old enough to buy one, they do it. Hense the reason old Ferrari's, Hemi's, and Big Blocks are doing so well today.

2.) Acura NSX with low miles and in a rare color. Why? Only 225 are made each year and they are every ricers dream.

3.) Dodge Viper in red and low miles. Why? Rare, many get wrecked because of bad driving, and they are dream car for many of today's youngsters.

- Bill

·
7,823 Posts
Just my opinion but I dont think any cars built today will double in value. the low production cars already cost too much. Cant imagine anyone would pay double. Cars are so mass produced now that it would be hard to believe an ordinary car will have any real value later on.

·
Junior Charter Member
133 Posts
I can see certian fox body mustangs having some value. I know there are tons of them around now, but there were tons of 65-69s around back then.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
On the surface, I agree with Mike, but with average inflation, You don't want to know what cars will cost in 50 years. A good performance car today will definately draw 2X the MSRP in 50 years.

The real question is: Will there be fuel for those cars in 50 years? Hmmmmmm?

My take is that most if not all the cars made in 50 years will be electric or some other source of energy other than gasoline.

That being said, I like Bill's pics. Although I would be inclined to mention the vette and the S7 Saleen.

·
1,532 Posts
I agree with Bill on the Ferrari and Acura but I think the 2004 Ford GT will be worth more than the Viper due to its stricter limited production run and the fact it is a super car!

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
Boring answer: None. There have been no more than a handful of cars that have, in real terms, doubled in value from their original price. They might cost ten times what they were new (eg: E-type Jag) but they're worth less in terms of income and I don't think that the conditions exist to produce more. Famous cars built in tiny numbers for road and race (eg: Ferrari 250LM) simply don't happen anymore.

Slightly less boring answer: If I were to keep 3 'in their wrapping':
A one previous owner Enzo (previous owner M Schumacher) - I doubt any of the others will hold their value, the Enzo is more numerous than the F40 and F50, both have which have depreciated.

Japanese K-Car, probably one of the 2 seater Openkas.

No American car will gain value, but I'd take a Ford GT for fun ;)

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Howdy,

My post didn't make it so here it is again.

1.) Ferreri 355 spyder

2.) Acra NSX

3.) Ford GT

4.) 1977 Ford pinto SportWagon

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts