Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I used a 99 pedal box with the Cobra M/C if you aren't going to use power brakes (I didn't) you will need to do the brake pedal mod and drill new pivot holes. You will also need a Whitby adjustable pushrod. The later pedal box is a nicer unit than the Fox type.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Mk4??? Comes with a wilwood pedlebox. Doesn't it?

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Not familiar with the Mk.4, but my Mk.3 has a pedal box from an 83.
If I was doing it again, I'd try to find one from an SN-95. Just for the look of the brake and clutch pedal pads.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Mk4??? Comes with a wilwood pedlebox. Doesn't it?
Only the complete kit. Some builders have been selling the Wilwood and buying a Mustang box. I read so much negative about the Wilwood setup I went with the Mustang setup.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,679 Posts
94 and up is slightly different then the Fox stuff. A couple of MK IIIs I have worked on that used the sn95 pedals (94 and newer) didn't need as much bending, if any, to work properly. I prefer the newer versions when using the Mustang pedals. You might have to cut more off the front where it mounts to the footbox and drill some holes but overall they fit better.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
We have the retro fit wilwood pedal box

Coupe or roadster. In stock ready to ship! $pecial on the kit $500.00. Must order from ME!!!!
Steve

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
An 89 booster will not bolt up to a 94+ pedal box - the bolt patterns are different. I have a 94/95 pedal box, and a 94/95 cobra booster which is considerably larger than the foxbody booster - they can be made to fit. Both will need the frame mod to allow them to fit. The problem with the 94+ booster is getting it to clear the steering shaft.

·
Junior Charter Member
322 Posts
Sn 95

I used a SN 95 pedal box with manual brakes, didn't like the manual brakes and added a FOX Small booster to the SN 95 pedal box. It required drilling one hole in a different spot on one of the tabs on the SN 95 assembly, no big deal. I completely removed the assembly after the car was complete, I doubt this can be done with the larger fox pedal assembly after the car is complete.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
here is a pic of the '94 box and pedals...this is from gtfireftr's thread

pedals are a little wider than the fox pedal box, the 94 box is also smaller from what I recall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts