Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock starter , and standard compression....The only accessory is the radio and cd player....Stock location under trunk...
Who is using an Optima , and which model? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a red top Optima with top posts. If you are putting the battery below the trunk, it is recommended that you do not get the Optima with the additional side posts for safety reasons.

~Steve

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
If you think you will EVER want to move the mount to one of the alum. battery boxes with access through the trunk floor, then get a top post only battery. The ones with side posts shouldn't be used in a metal box.

Just something to think about if you have a choice when you are picking it up.

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Red top. Works great!

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
red top 34 and 34/78 models seem to be the one most are using AND you can get some fancy battery holders for them on ebay!

·
Charter Member
146 Posts
I have a Red Top w/top posts that I recently purchased from a Batteries Plus store in Marietta - Their price was the best - beat the AutoZone by about $15

I wanted this one because it would fit easily between the two rails in the trunk - I hung the plastic battery box from FFR below the trunk with an access panel - fits nicely

I can send pictures if you are interested

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Jeff,

I'm really interested in doing the same thing and would love to see pictures. [email protected]

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.