Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the posts but am perplexed. Every manufactured car out there that I can remember has the turn signal ABOVE the brake lights. Yet most of the posts I have read say to have the brake light above the turn signal. Whassup wit dat?

·
5,559 Posts
Dan,

To me it made sense to have the brake lights be the most visible in the top position because the car is already so low to the ground, you need all the visibility you can get! I ended up using the trailer converter trick to make all 4 of them light up with brakes, and only the bottom one on either side will blink when turn signals are activeted. The other 3 will stay on the bright filament for maximum visibilty. It's your rear end - do what makes you happy, but give some thought to the safety aspect. In my opinion brake visibility takes precedence over turns...

hope this helps, Brian

·
Premium Member
12,326 Posts
Originally posted by FFRed:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B+L FFR 1686:
It's your rear end - do what makes you happy, but give some thought to the safety aspect.
Do you mean he should use a lubricated condom? </font>[/QUOTE]DOH!!!! I missed that the first time around

·
3,760 Posts
Hey Smackdown, it just so happens that I was behind a brand new hemi Durango at a red light on Saturday. We were looking at it pretty carefully because I was explaining to my wife that it would be her next car. (Sure, honey, you'll LOVE the hemi! :D )

No question, the brake light was on top, the turn signal below it, the reverse light below that.

AJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.