Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My donar car needs a clutch, but since I will be purchasing a roadster soon I'm not sure which clutch to buy. I've heard tons of good things about the Spec clutches. I would have purchased a stage II for my mustang, but the roadster is much lighter and I think I can get away with the stage 1. The stage 1 is $100 cheaper and is said to be able to hold with 400 rwhp. My car is probably about 350-375rwhp. What is everyone else using. Thanks, Nick

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,598 Posts
This is a big topic, fwiw, I'm using a Centerforce Dual Friction behind 350hp with no problems. It is the softest clutch pedal I've ever felt. I talked with CF people at SEMA and they said for street use it's a very good choice vs. their aluminum style clutch/plate/flywheel design. Save that one for full race duty.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Nick I just put a Spec Stage 3 in my car. Only a few miles on it, so far so good. {just breaking it in} If you really have that much horsepower I would suggest the stage 2 kevlar. Especially if you dragrace. Brian

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
I'm running a 351W with Centerforce Dual Friction 11" with Centerforce billet flywheel and Tilton hydraulic bearing inside a Lakewood housing. over 12k on it and it runs strong.

Roscoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts