Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a built FFR Cobra (the donor was a 93 foxbody GT) and I'm trying to figure out which blue is on it.

They mentioned they went w/ the classic colors, but I suspect that doesn't narrow it down. Here is a picture

Thanks!
Ben

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,662 Posts
Looks like viper blue, super popular around that time

·
Junior Charter Member
738 Posts
That looks a lot like my car!

Lexus Spectra Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I plan to get different touch up paints and seeing which matches the most.

Very much appreciate it,
Ben

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you can take it to a competent body shop they should have paint chip charts to narrow your search. They may have paint identifying equipment to at least get a formula which they can mix on their equipment. Issue here would be the minimum amount they are willing to mix. Good luck.

·
Vegasjack
101 Posts
Go to a automotive paint supply store with the car or a door off the car and they will be able to match it with a hand held spectrocolorimeter. It is usually a free service and only takes a few minutes. You will get the exact paint code for it, thus the name. Oftentimes the color will have different names depending on which automotive company used it on their cars. it Note: Most store or operators will tell you it may not be exact, but that is just their excuse to get out of liability. Like an antiseptic bottle that says kills 99.9% of germs. Always got to have that out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts