Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making good progress on my build so far. I'm waiting to have my rearend built later this week, and a few front suspension pieces from FFR. I have the frame painted, F panels in, firewall in, front end put together minus the springs and hardware from FFR. Feeling good for a week in!

What aluminum panels can i go ahead and rivet in place to give me something to do for the next week or so? What other stuff can I do?

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
no reason you couldn't do the cockpit aluminum and footboxes, pedal box, master cylinder, etc. The rear will be easier to work on if you leave the rear bulkhead and trunk aluminum for later though.

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,175 Posts
I would go ahead and drill all of your rear aluminum but I agree not to rivet for the time being, much easier to work without it installed.

Not sure if you are donor or non-donor, but for me the wiring is taking a while. It is always something to get started on if you have the time. Especially if you have the mustang donor, the dieting is time consuming.

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wade- My thinking was to wait and do footboxes, floors until brake and fuel lines were run. Am i wrong? I will go through and mock everything up and drill, but wondering what can be riveted.

·
Super Moderator
29,555 Posts
Brian-

You can do all the aluminum suggested above and use clekos to hold them in place. When you are ready to do the brake and fuel lines, remove the cleckos and the aluminum pieces. Then, when you are ready to permanently install the aluminum, you are free to go. This will keep you occupied until other parts arrive.

2FAST

·
3,760 Posts
FattyBri, sit down for a few minutes and have a couple
's wouldya? I got mine a week before you and I haven't done squat. Although I am gradually working my way through the prerequisite 'honeydo' list... :D

AJ

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Fattybri,
I thought about waiting on the floor alum also. Then I realized how much drilling would be done around the brake and fuel lines. It would suck to hit a line.
I installed my prebent brake lines and nylon fuel lines after cockpit alum was finished, wasn't hard.
just my .02
OJ

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
You can always start filling and sanding the body. That will make you appreciate drilling holes and turning wrenches.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
I did the floors, firewall, pass footbox and MC/brakes before the front end parts arrived.

BTW I just recieved my last bunch of B/Od parts yesterday, I'd imagine your's should be along soon!

and when doing the floor aluminum remeber NOT to drill the holes under where the doors will be.
Cory, I sure wish you hadn't said that :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.