Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing the wiring harness next week and was wondering where everyone has mounted the coil and solenoid? I know it is mounted somewhere up front but I'm not sure where. Would you guys please let me know where to mount them and if you have any pics, post them please. Thanks.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,151 Posts
I mounted the coil just behind the "F" panel. The solenoid is below it with the terminals facing up for access.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
I'm working on putting the solenoid in the back next to the battery. I had the rear hook-up in the mustang and it worked well and cleaned up the engine bay somewhat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I mounted my coil on a bracket bolted to the front of the Drivers side head,

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Well, my battery is up front...pic shows battery. Solenoid is mounted to the battery tray, just out of view on this pic.

jack

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Tom you may want to check your hood hinge clearance. It looks like you may be a little high and cause interference with the air cylinders. Hope not Cheers Richard.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,021 Posts
I mounted mine down low on the 3/4 inch tubing, the one you have to cut if you want to use the power brake booster, I think it makes it less visable.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
If you're running EFI, put the coil on the firewall, run the wire to the distributor up along the left side of the valley under the intake manifold. You can then strip back the wire harness and bring the primary wires out of the harness right at the coil. Then rewrap the harness wires.

It makes for a neat installation.

Forrest

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
my coil went out after only about 2 1/2 years (my solenoid too). it might be from the heat- im not sure. this happened soon after driving for 8 hours in 100-115 degree heat too. dont know if its connected.

they are both mounted in the typical location in front of the master cylinder.

-james
FFR 1630

1 - 12 of 12 Posts