Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can source one? Does anyone know if the ones Finishline sells are hollow? I'd like to run a couple of wires through it.

Thanks for any help!

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
I had the same idea, but I've never seen one. It would be great if one was available, but if not, I figured I'd see if some local machine shop could bore it out for me.

·
Junior Charter Member
711 Posts
Didn't the old ford automatic floor mount shifters use a hollow center for the linkage?
If so, wouldn't it be easier to have a tab welded to the bottom for a mount and replace the T handle with the appropiate shift knob?
Just a thought. HTH
mannyjoe

·
Feng Shui Master
1,224 Posts
We could not find a hollow shift handle for a different project, (it was bent front to back) so we machined a groove in the leading edge
(the flat side closest to the dash) and ran 30 gauge wire down the groove. We used structural adhesive to bond and seal the wire in the groove. the structural adhesive is dark grey in color so it was visible if you looked for it. At the shift knob we drilled a hole to fit the push button.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have an extra hollow shift handle with an operable "T" reverse lockout on it. I made one to operate the reverse lockout solenoid on my T56 trans. If you are interested in my extra handle and instructions on how I made mine work I would be glad to help you out.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts