Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baught mine used and they must have forgotten?

THANKS

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
go to your local hardware store and buy a piece of 1/4" threaded rod, cut it to length and you're all set. Get a wing nut to go with it while you're at it. I've been looking for a real cool wing nut to replace my "hardware" variety so if you find a source, clue me.

Tom

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
You can stop by Home Depot and get a 1/4" threaded bolt with a wingnut as the bolt head! They have in with the trays of specialty bolts 1/4" threaded "bolts" with wingnuts. It's what I used!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys figured ACE Trip!

·
Senior Charter Member
242 Posts
I used the FORD logo'ed wing nut from FRPP on my Oval...so if you just gotta have the Ford wing-nut that comes with the cleaner I think I can find it and send it your way.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Umm this is a very sad subject for my build. I used the home depot or Lowes threaded rod with a 1/4-20 nut on it snugged tight then the cobra oval covers on top of that sandwiched with the 2 cobra cap wing nut thing on the very top...

Look ooooh so good on the maiden voyage and ran like a champ for 125 miles. Then just like a baseball bat to the head the engine made a terrible racket and died on the way home.

It was fugly, thats a real bad word on front of Ugly. After a few seconds of observation I realized the nice new oval air cleaner on top of my nice new 427w was wobblin around. Yup that 5 cent friggn nut worked lose and ended up in cylinder number one cracking it.. Urgh Not happy but heck that was 4 years ago and I am almost over it thanks for bringing it back up..

Lesson: For God sakes man but a freakn jam nut for that threaded rod.. or a gallon of loc-tite..

good luck and speed on!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Umm this is a very sad subject for my build. I used the home depot or Lowes threaded rod with a 1/4-20 nut on it snugged tight then the cobra oval covers on top of that sandwiched with the 2 cobra cap wing nut thing on the very top...

Look ooooh so good on the maiden voyage and ran like a champ for 125 miles. Then just like a baseball bat to the head the engine made a terrible racket and died on the way home.

It was fugly, thats a real bad word on front of Ugly. After a few seconds of observation I realized the nice new oval air cleaner on top of my nice new 427w was wobblin around. Yup that 5 cent friggn nut worked lose and ended up in cylinder number one cracking it.. Urgh Not happy but heck that was 4 years ago and I am almost over it thanks for bringing it back up..

Lesson: For God sakes man but a freakn jam nut for that threaded rod.. or a gallon of loc-tite..

good luck and speed on!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cap,

I sold you the filter and oval piece. The black all thread rod and nut should have been taped in a bag to the inside of the aluminum base.The plastic ring should have been in it's own bag.

- Jim

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
Hey Joe, good advice for all of us. A simple jam nut is cheap insurance and as one who has experience with that sort of thing (stupid nephew), I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It'll completely ruin your day and your engine.

Tom

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great advice consider it done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts