Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hella horn relay became corroded when water dripped into the relay from the winshield post. Went to the auto parts store but they insisted that just showing them my old relay would not help them out. Wanted to know what kind of car it is off of. Tried to explain that it is a kit car, blah, blah, and do not bother looking it up.

Is there a standard part number that I can reference?

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did fix mine but would like to have a spare on hand. What about the horn relay as well. It is a Hella too.

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant was the fan relay, not the horn relay. I would like a spare for both.

·
Junior Charter Member
711 Posts
accobra66
It's probably a standard 30 amp auxilary relay commonly used on electric fans, horns, fog lights, and when adding an electric fuel pump.
There are two basic configurations 4 spade and 5 spade. either will work depending on your wiring harness, try these part numbers the next time you are at the Auto parts store:
DF005 or 20-3529-8 (look in lighting accesories)
or
AL5004 (RL35301) NIEHOFF
Sorry I don't have a part number for the 4 spade, but you should be able to find it easy enough once you show the parts person the relay.
If you ask for a relay because you want to add FOG lights to a car a good counter-person will get you the correct relay.
Also, a 'real' parts store will be able to cross reference the numbers on your old relay.
HTH
mannyjoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts