Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone makes a soft top for 2 roll bars? if so who ?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
I have the Whitbys - recommend it. Good top and construction. Had the car over 120 mph with it on - no probelms. Takes me about 15 to 20 mintues to put it on and off (yes, I am a little particular about protecting the car from scratches). It will store in the trunk along with a tonneau and car cover without problem.

Tape the body off during mounting to protect the paint.

Check into a windshield prop rod - the top mounts in to the center channel on the windshield; a prop rod would be nice but not required.

·
Junior Charter Member
204 Posts
there is only one top manufacture whitbys
fits right and looks great
any one can put on

·
Banned
2,213 Posts

·
Banned
2,213 Posts

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
120 mph woo hoo thats almost H speed rated !! I have one , I had Jeff and Barry do the install. I was scared to scratch the beautiful paint they just did . Fits nice ,looks cool takes wifey and I 7 minutes to install longer if its raining due to stress.Hurry up dammit , ahhh don't scratch the car!! Bob

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
The tops do pretty well at keeping you dry, there is some leakage around the windows to windshield frame but not bad, we have a rubber seal there. The top does a great job at showing you where else your car leaks. On all weather cars you need to pay extra attention to sealing the windshield to the body, the windshield frame to the glass, the firewall holes and firewall to body. I have driven from our shop to the kit car nationals at Carlilse in rain so hard I could barely see and stayed dry. I was thankful we had it on.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Here's what a Tan Whitby top looks like on a Red car. I love the top and can't say enough good about it, the instructions, or Whitby Motorcars.

R :D

·
Senior Charter Member
565 Posts
Have to recommend Rick Young (Yes, Jeff is also great to work with). He's also looking at doing a DIY kit now.

Preston

1 - 19 of 19 Posts