Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the castle nut for the upper ball joint and now I cant find one anywhere. I have been to every hardware and automotive store in my area and nobody has one! I even looked at the Master Carr website. I dont want to call Factory Five to ask for one simple little nut. It is a 9/16-18 Fine nut that is 7/8 flat to flat on the outside.

Any ideas?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,709 Posts
Use a Nylock nut in it's place.Or a standard nut and blue loctite.Either will be fine.I've worked on cars for 40 yrs and I really wonder why they still use cotter pins on tierod ends and balljoints.We just torque connecting rod nuts and they don't fall off.Good luck

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Trevor,

Go to the Orchard Supply in Redwood City, near Costco. There is a nut section past the nut and bolt section, where they have castle nuts. If you don't find it there call me @ 408-209-3447, I have some spares.

Hank

·
8,350 Posts
Maybe ACE? They have tons of that stuff.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
lowes...i know they have the 5/8-18

·
Senior Charter Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I went to Ace and Orchard(in RWC) and they stock them but didnt have any left. I will try Ford next. If that doesnt work I guess I will just use a Nylock or a tall hexnut and drill + safety wire. Thanks guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts