Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ffr mirrors are cute and period perfect, but I prefer being able to see and adjust without tools.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Shep

·
3,211 Posts
Shep - I installed the Finishline convex style on the windshield posts. Wasn't hard to do, just a little scary drilling the mounting holes in the frame. Visibility is still not perfect, but its a huge improvement over the stock fender mounted FFR mirrors. If you go this route, definitely get the Finishline brackets as well.

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
J. C Whitney Motorcycle mirrors give plenty of rear visibility.

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Set them to a comfortable height that suits you and drill a hole in the windshield frame support bar.

·
Charter Member
3,430 Posts
Many of us use "peep" mirrors attached to the window side posts. Do a search on peep and you see what I mean.

·
Cobra Pilot
305 Posts
Go to AutoZone and get a 19" panoramic mirror. (about $7) It clips over the existing mirror and provides GREAT rear visibility behind and to each side. Your situational awareness will be improved 100X. At a show, it pops off and goes in the truck in about 10 seconds. I love it, and absolutely will not drive my Cobra without it.

Speedy

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts

I got these from Speedway Motors. 3" or 4", $15 each. Speedway Motors

They just clamp on the to side of the windshield bar. I moved them up and down a little to find just the right spot. Too high and they obstruct your vision; too low and all you see is rear fender. Now that they are where I want them, I'll drill a hole and mount them permanently like shown above.

As for the panaramic mirror, I've had one on my '66 Mustang for many years. I really like it. One of these days I'll gat around to putting one on my Cobra, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts