Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this oil cap/breather in the December 5.0 Mustang magazine. I looked online, but could not find it for sale. Is this a fabricated piece or does somebody sell this?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Kirban Performance makes one, so does K&N...

They simply screw into the valve cover in place of the fill cap...

HTH...
Mark

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I stock that screw-on breather BUT, I do NOT recommend it on a high HP engine. The more HP the more blow-by. With a PCV valve and the engine at WOT, the pcv valve closes so ALL of the breathing will go thru the open style breather. That said, that breather has a tiny hole so breathing will be minimal so crankcase pressure will build and CAUSE oil leaks.

A breather with a 1.25" ID will evacuate the blow-by but 2 of the 1.25" breathers are better.
Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
1,032 Posts
Further to Mike's comment....what's the best way to install more breathers on an SBF? Most valve covers only have provisions for one breather and one PCV valve, with the bosses in place for more. Drilling the covers to the right size should be easy enough, but is there a trick to installing the tubes for more breathers?

all the best,
Chris

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,595 Posts
Originally posted by cwareham:
Further to Mike's comment....what's the best way to install more breathers on an SBF? Most valve covers only have provisions for one breather and one PCV valve, with the bosses in place for more. Drilling the covers to the right size should be easy enough, but is there a trick to installing the tubes for more breathers?

all the best,
Chris
No trick, just be sure to position them between the rockers/cylinders and put a baffle in. I'm doing this to my Cobra covers and when they're done, I'll post pictures. The main thing is to make sure they're vented enough and I do suggest using the PCV valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts