Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was going to put a set of Bullits on my MkII. I've got the 5 lug disc conversion from Baer. I can't find a set of 17x9s. Am I just not looking hard enough or did they stop making them. I'm sure they used to be on FFR's site.
I ordered a set months ago but keep getting told that they're on back order.
Thanks.
Andrew

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
It was never clear why, but there is some issue with them and they are scarce. There were rumors of trademark issues.

I got mine from OE Wheel Distributors. While the price is unbeatable, some here have reported shipping damage and poor follow-up. Their website specifically disclaims any responsibility for shipping unless you buy their insurance.

Mike

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,310 Posts
The only trade mark issues were with the Cobra center caps. I got mine from Custom Wheels Market and the sales guy actually told me Ford legal dept called them and threatened a law suit. I got the goofy snake head instead of the cool coiled cobra. You can buy the center caps from FMS to replace some of the phoney ones.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
As an FYI:

I talked to Max a 5-Star about the FRPP Cobra center caps. They are about $24 each, and they are backordered with "no estimated time of availability" according to Max.

-Greg

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
And not all aftermarket wheels work with the FRPP center caps. My FR500 wheels from American Muscle (formerly Mustang Tuning) use a different size center cap than the real Ford wheels...

FYI...

Mark

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I got mine from OE and was told then(March) the were running low. I had NO issues. 2 sets were ordered.

9's front,10.5's back. I like the look. Good Luck hunting. BTW if you didn't no OE is a ebay company. I got a little confussed when I started looking.
Tony

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I googled OE Wheels. There seemed to be a LOT of very negative remarks from customers.
I'm getting sick of seeing the car up in the air. Time is not always on my side.
I need wheels!
Andrew

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Wheel replicas in TEXAS that who supply FFR Great guys, Luke @Tirerack for the tires awesome prices

Jimmy O

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I got my polished bullits from AFS Wheels on eBay. $1192 to my door with Sumitomos mounted and balanced. I had zero problems. As a bonus, I didn't have any problems with my front center-cap not fitting like others have. (I was expecting a problem there).

-Jon A.

-Jon A.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Jimmy & Greg. I went to Wheel Replicas site. I could not for the life of me find 17x9 Bullit rims there.
If you could send a link I'd appreciate it.
Andrew

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
I found them, but all the information for them is blocked out, as if they no longer carry them. As mentioned above, they were the supplier for F5 when F5 offered them through their website.

I'd suggest simply calling wheelreplicas.com. Their phone number is at the upper right corner of their website.

-Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my rims from OE last month and had no problem at all. In fact the price and quality were very good. OE 1-866-273-3651

1 - 14 of 14 Posts