Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Mk1 in Oct 2018...

So far:

Quiet pipes, EPAS, 130A Alternator, LCA's, Relocated E-brake (Lokar), Russ Thompson accel pedal, Lokar throttle cable, Ididit steering column, FR manual rack, Breeze solid rack bushings

Ordered, not installed: Rear coilovers, Soft Top Trimmers Top

Mostly due to what I've read on this forum.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

So far:

Quiet pipes, EPAS, 130A Alternator, LCA's, Relocated E-brake (Lokar), Russ Thompson accel pedal, Lokar throttle cable, Ididit steering column, FR manual rack, Breeze solid rack bushings

Working on the cars is half the fun! Scott

·
Registered
369 Posts

So far:

Mk1?? :confused1:

·
Senior Charter Member
3,594 Posts
My experience was that everything cost $350 or some MULTIPLE there of.
Happiness comes at a price.

·
Junior Charter Member
423 Posts
It never ends. I enjoy working on the car. The only item not replaced are minor parts. Enjoy, mine is a MK 1 also, 20 years old.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Everyone is jealous of the originals? 😉
Yeah, what he said!

Must not have been around then. ;)
No - I wasn't around the Factory Five universe at that time!!

Just that the October 2018 date and Mk1 didn't seem consistent. From the discussion I was thinking he was building. Must be rebuilding it!!

·
Junior Charter Member
2,853 Posts
Mine is up on jackstands right now. I had the old style offset clutch quadrant which with a stiff clutch, wore the holes in the Wilwood pedal box into ovals. $500+ later. New pedal box, hydraulic clutch setup, new reservoirs, fittings, hoses, etc.
I thought I was in for a $50 clutch cable.

Premium soft top - Thanks to John4337
Headrests - Thanks to John4337 (see a pattern here?)
Flowmasters - sombody on this forums fault.
Lucas PL600 headlights.
Halogen upgrade for the above, since original type bulbs are as bright as a Bic lighter.
Carbon fiber lined synchros in my transmission.
LED light bars for night autocross.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When you sell your car.
And this my friends is the correct answer! You always want to do something else, something more or a repair is needed.

It doesn't end...it ends when you no longer have the vehicle! Then you wonder what you're going to do with the "parts" you have laying around. :grin2:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I still have parts that I've bought but not installed.

It really never ends. (The QA-1s are looking really good right now!)

Seems really weird when you don't have anything planned for the coming Saturday or Sunday!

Also seems like there is no end to polishing and shining of things on the FFR. Enjoy!

·
Registered
187 Posts
END? I completely rebuild my car to my specs, $25,000 in parts alone. Why? because I enjoyed doing the work myself and to me working on it and making it better, my way, is all part of the fun. Can you think of any other car where you would or could just rip the car apart every winter? If you want to have a trouble free already engineered car warranted and the dealer ready at your beckon call, you know what car to buy. Most of the time this car is bought and realized in a short time it's not what they thought.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts