Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I’m in the process of ordering wheels, and like to stay with suppliers here in Sweden to avoid paying 30% extra for toll and tax charges when importing from US.
I like to go with 19” all around and found wheels from OZ Racing that i like. Problem is that their 19x12” wheel is no longer in production which leaves me with a 19x10” rim for the rear with a ET40 option. In the front i was thinking of going with a 19x8.5 ET59 rim.

Will this combo fit? The wheels are made on order and i cannot return them if i have fitment issues.

Thanks
/Johan

·
Premium Member
12,392 Posts
Here is what we put on one car:

Front Wheels- 19 x 9.5" with +53mm Offset

Rear Wheels- 19 x 12" with +45mm Offset

All that really matters is the "front-spacing"...or the distance from the outside face of the wheel to the hub. No one ever has "front-spacing" dimensions listed, so you just have to do the math or find an offset calculator to do it for you and make sure the sizes that you have listed are close to the same front-spacing as those listed above.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shane,
I didn´t know there would be such trouble to get wheels to fit the Z06 brakes. I e-mailed Forgestar and they told me the F14 doesn´t clear the Z06 brakes. However FFR says they will. I gave Forgestar the FFR spec 19x9 ET50 but they say no. And FFR doesn´t sell 19" all around that i would like. So i´m thinking of replacing the brakes to Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake kit. That gives me a bit more clearance to the wheel.

Or do you have any good recommendation for me?

Regards.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I looked back at my BOM to see what I ordered for Wilwood brakes and I ordered 140-9230 and 140-9119. I also went with the 19x10 fronts and 20x12 rears to the specs from FFR website.

·
Premium Member
12,392 Posts
Thanks Shane,
I didn´t know there would be such trouble to get wheels to fit the Z06 brakes. I e-mailed Forgestar and they told me the F14 doesn´t clear the Z06 brakes. However FFR says they will. I gave Forgestar the FFR spec 19x9 ET50 but they say no. And FFR doesn´t sell 19" all around that i would like. So i´m thinking of replacing the brakes to Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake kit. That gives me a bit more clearance to the wheel.

Or do you have any good recommendation for me?

Regards.
Yeah, the Z06 calipers and Brembo calipers are always a challenge to find wheels to fit.....and it's all dependent on wheel size, wheel width and offset and wheel design, which is different with every wheel....so all you can do is keep doing the legwork you're doing to find what you need.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What Shane said :cool:.

I went into this backwards though knowing I wanted the F14 wheels and Wilwood brakes. I ordered the largest F14 wheels and then measured the crap out of them and compared it to the clearance data sheets that Wilwood offers to find the right set of brakes to fit my wheels. In the end it turned out perfect.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for replying. Shoeless, that´s a great way to figure out the correct setup. In my case the brakes came with the car when i bought it. So its the other way around for me :cry:.

Shane, yes it´s a lot of research 😅. I might have found a wheel that could work with my C6Z brakes, they are Apex EC-7. I have to go down to 18´s all around though.

According to them their Corvette model 18x10" ET58 in the front and 18x11" ET57 in the back clears the calipers. I really like to go on a narrower wheel in the front but I hope it could handle a 10" without rubbing.

/Johan

·
Registered
302 Posts
Call me crazy, but wouldn't a thin spacer be the perfect thing for this? They have ones that don't need a separate set of bolts and can provide single digit millimeter clearances to help with caliper clearances.

·
Premium Member
12,392 Posts
Call me crazy, but wouldn't a thin spacer be the perfect thing for this? They have ones that don't need a separate set of bolts and can provide single digit millimeter clearances to help with caliper clearances.
If that's all you needed to clear the calipers was a few millimeters, I would agree.....that would be the simplest solution. But that's not always the case. If the wheels are already close to flush with the outside of the car, a few millimeters might be the difference between the tire rubbing the body or not. That's the challenge here.....finding the balance between the wheels hitting the calipers or hitting the body.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again,
I´m in the process of ordering the wheels. But the front wheels are 18x10 ET58. Is there any maximum width in the front, or can it handle a 10" wheel?

Thanks
/Johan

·
Premium Member
12,392 Posts
My guess is that you're going to have issues with the inside of the wheel making contact with the LCA in the front with that width. I think the widest wheels I installed in the front were the 9.5's listed above and they were really close. The only reason we went with the 9.5" width on that car is because he was running the Brembo brakes and their 9" wheels would not clear the calipers but their 9.5" wheels would.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My guess is that you're going to have issues with the inside of the wheel making contact with the LCA in the front with that width. I think the widest wheels I installed in the front were the 9.5's listed above and they were really close. The only reason we went with the 9.5" width on that car is because he was running the Brembo brakes and their 9" wheels would not clear the calipers but their 9.5" wheels would.
Hi Shane,
Ok! Is there any fix for this or do i need to install steer stops or cut and narrow the wheel to prevent rubbing from happening?

thanks
/Johan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts