Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SIZE WHEEL AND TIRE JOHN PETERSON JUNE 2004 PICTURE OF THE MONTH HAS. ALSO WILL THESE FIT ON A 3 LINK SUSPENTION 5 BOLT AND WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PICK OUT THE BEST WHEEL AND TIRE.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of very helpful, knowledgeable people here.

For choosing tire and wheel sizes, you have to determine a few things first...

1. Which model car do you have? Is it a Mk III or earlier?

2. You mention 5-bolt. Is the rearend a fox conversion, a stock rearend from a '94 or later?

3. Where you thinking of 15" wheels or another size?

4. I believe there is also a problem running wider front wheels (more than 8") if you use the stock mustang lower A-arms instead of the optional tubular A-arms.

Once you figure these out, the forum members will be able to be a lot more helpful.

Also, as a starting point, check out this page on the Factory Five site. The chart at the bottom will give you a good starting point for wheel sizes, even if you don't like that particular style of wheel.
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/whatsnew/wheels/bulletwheels.html

p.s., on the forum it's considered impolite to use all capital letters. IT'S YELLING.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello dave,
thanks for answering.iam very new
@ this and to answer the questions:
1.mark2 delivered about march of this year and my # is ffr5007k
2. 3 link with 87-93 8.8 rearend with coil overs
3. i am finding out quite quickly that the wheel and tire package that i like the most is that of an irs rearend with the extremely deep dish. the wheels that seem to catch my eye the most now is that picture of the month june car.
4. i have the upgraded ifs front end with tubular lower control arms.
5. my front rotors are 11" and the rear are 10.25
5 bolt
thanks
jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts