Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm toying with the idea of buying a coupe but I'm working out the details of what I would want to do. If I build the coupe I want to flare the fenders a bit. I see people running 10.5" wheels with 315 tires that work well with the Coupe as is. Question is with the flares, how can I extend the wheel track without going with a ridiculous rear wheel size like 18x12/13? I know about wheel spacers but I seem to remember there being a negative to going that route? Any insight or suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

This is always asked so to clarify, the car is to be a race car first and foremost that can be driven on the street on occasions. I plan on road racing the car often.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
I really don't think you would gain much widening the track that much. My wheels for the rear are 11" wide and have a few customers that have put 335's on them and they fit just fine under the coupe body.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with you there Gordon but the flare isn't just for the performance. I think the car looks better with them so I am looking to flare it 1.5-2". I could probably still do it with the 11" wheel and the 335's and look good with the flare . If not I could use a 1/2" spacer but they make me nervous. The guy I am talking too is using 18x13 wheels which is a little too big and expensive.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
Don't stress about wheel spacers. I have been using them for years as tuning tools for the set up. There is nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.