Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.1 Roadster running coil over shocks with an 03 Mach 1 rearend and 13 inch Cobra front brakes also off an 03. The front A arms are Factory 5 tubular and the back is also Factory 5 tubular. In trying to choose the widest wheel possible for my car, consulting the build manual back spacing page. American Muscle has a 17 X 10 inch rim with a 7.27 back spacing (05-12 mustangs). The book says I need a 7.75 back spacing. I also would like to run a 9 inch on the front. How much fudge factor is on this or can I use this rim? Just looking for any help I can get with rim and tire selection. What will work with my setup. For the front and rear trying to obtain maximum tire width and I'm trying to fill up the wheel well. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I have used Factory Five 17X9's all the way around. They have a +24mm offset. You can use 245 x 45 R 17 fronts and 275 x40 R17's rear. This is with standard width 03-04 rear axle housing with standard width 03-04 axles There are other options but would require custom wheels, Richard Oben can help with those options.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
You will be fine on the front w/ 9x17s w/ 5.94BS and 275 tires.
Anthracite Bullitt Wheel - 17x9 (94-04 All) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!
The rear is a little iffy as the FFR spec is a full 1/2 inch more BS than the wheels you are looking at. One thought for you is shorter axles and different caliper brackets to match. Scroll down on this link
North Racecars Brake Solutions
This will get you back to Fox width which gets you the ability to use 10.5x17 wheels w/ 315 tires easily.
Anthracite Deep Dish Bullitt Mustang Wheel 94-04 (17x10.5) at AmericanMuscle 28111 - Free Shipping!
To me it's an investment that will pay off in the long run w/ a million Mustang wheels being available cheaply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.