Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. I've found a GREAT deal on a set of 18x9 Bullet rims! No they're NOT HOT!! My concern is with the fit. I'm running a MkII with stock LCA's. The Bear 13" rotors fit inside with lots of room & I plan on running 275X35 in the rear & 245X? or 255X? in the front. Does anyone see a problem using these wheels either with the LCA's or whatever??
Thanks for the input.
Andrew

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Andrew i may be wrong but i dont think they will fit with the stock LCA s when you have rubber on but im shore some one whith more knowlege than me on this subject will keep you right

Ive got Bullits and they look awesome youve done well there good luck

jimmy O

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Post this question on - Ask an Expert - Richard Oben of NorthRaceCars is the Man when it comes to this sort of thing.

Scott

[ February 09, 2007, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: Scotty's65 ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,533 Posts
You have to be sure those have the correct backspacing. A 9" wheel should have 24mm offset or around 5.95" of backspacing if it is to be used with standard fox or SN95 spindles. Your wheels look like they could have been from the newer 2005up Mustangs which have too much backspacing for the Fox width cars.
Regardless, a 9" rim typically hits a stock lower control arm anyhow but it can be bandaided with some rack limiters to limit your turning angle so the rim doesnt contact the control arm. I would suggest first checking the backspacing on your wheels and then checking lock to lock clearance on the control arms at proper ride height. Now is the time to correct any problems before you mount your tires. The tires shouldnt rub front or back with the sizes you have chosen, it would most likely be the front rim. There should be enough room in the back for a 315 with the proper offset rims. HTH

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
What Scotty said - Ask and put your faith in Richard O's answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.