Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just now realised that the T-bird IRS has a different bolt pattern (5x4.25) than the mustang pattern (5x4.5). I was trying to use a t-bird irs but I wanted to use a set of Bullit wheels from like the 01 Mustang. anyone convert the pattern or is there a hub available for the rear with the correct bolt spacing. Am I wrong or isnt the sn-95 bolt pattern 5x4.5 . thanks Frank

·
1,589 Posts
If you can't find anyone local to do this for you, I offer this service. See my home page (little house icon). Welcome to the group.

-Stu

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies gentlemen, that info was very usefull.

Stu I visited your site great results, if and when this happens I'll try to give you a shout.

Earl I havent seen that car yet but there is a shop just off of Market st that apparently has a few cars in various states of assembly, I havent been in there to verify. I was a member of the MAFFROGS but had to opt out when my e-mail box got inundated with all those mass mailings a while back.

Another question on this topic if you dont mind. Will the t-bird rear fit as is or does it need to be narrowed? I was also condidering using a irs from a 99-01 Mustang Cobra any comments about fitment with either of these two?

thanks Frank

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Frank - I went to a bunch of machine shops that SAID they could do it, but when it got down to bwass tacks (He rode a blazing saddle, he wore a shining star...)none of them could do it.

I finally broke down and sent my stuff to Stu. He got 'em Tuesday, I had 'em back on Saturday. Perfect. Don't even bother screwing around with anybody else.

All the best,
Tag

·
Senior Charter Member
768 Posts
FFR sends out the upper/lower control arms and new half shafts so nothing has to be shortened. If you want a deep dish wheel order the pin drive option but don't use pin drive wheels. This will give you about 2.5" extra depth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.