Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Builders Lackey
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a new set of wheels for the car that are 5 lug 17" 2003 Cobra R type. Currently I have a stock brake setup on the front and rear. I know I need to change to 5 lug axles on the rear, so here are my questions:

1. Can I use the stock brakes on the front/rear or do I need upgrade since I am going from 15" to 17" rims?

2. Would I need to get SN95 spindles for the front to use the wheels or can I just replace the front rotors with 5 lug rotors?

Thanks for the help,

-Shawn

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
Shawn
where in GA are you?...I'm near lake lanier and road Atl

you can get lincoln rotors for the front and keep the FX spindles..I believe the calipers you have now will work

·
Builders Lackey
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Canton, but work as a Deputy Sheriff in Forsyth Co. so I am near Lake Lanier all the time

So as I understand it the lincoln rotors will work with the fox spindles and stock calipers will work with the front rims?

For the rear, the stock drum set up will work once I get the new axles/drums.

Overall is the stock brake system ok running the 17" rims instead of 15"?

Thanks all for the clarification.

-Shawn

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
87-92 Mark 7 about 11" diameter rotors are the ticket for the fx spindles
the 17" should be no problem except maybe the center cap (not sure), but fixes are out there for that..
I don't know where you are on your build, I'm at a roller stage...feel free to stop by anytime if you want to peek...but let me know first so nobody freaks when the sheriff shows up at the door

basically I'm located near 85 and hamilton mill road...have you been to Bob's shop sstarting line?
there is a link on the vendor page of this forum

he is in cumming near browns bridge and 400 has 4 or 5 over there, roadsters, coupe, & spec racer
you'll be surprised at how many are around the ATL
talk to ya soon

·
225 Posts
Hi Shanahan you can use 15" or 17" wheel with the stock fox brakes.you do not have to change the spindles.
you can use the 5 lug rotors for the 87-93 spindles.
you also can get 5lug drums or rotors.
make shure you use the stock fox lenth axles with 5 lugs.if you want to use a big rear tire.
thanks jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts