Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys,

I'm at the go-cart almost ready to put in the engine and trans stage. I've done a few of the common mods that lots of us have done, like the power brake booster mod, and I've made a setup for a grab bar and decided to move my glove box back to between the seats and changed my heater install and placement all around. Have installed a remote reservoir for the brakes...

Now I'm looking for new, fun stuff to do/change on my roadster, what is your favorite mod that you have done? I'm looking for inspiration here, I know you guys won't let me down.

TIA

Chris.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
To improve looks - hidden body bolts, hidden dash screws, lower roll bars, eliminate front quick jacks.

To save my hearing - replaced ffr mufflers with 30" glasspacks.

To improve function - moved e-brake to transmission tunnel.

To improve reliability - beefing up aftermarket alternator bracket, made better sidepipe hangers.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Breeze alternator relocator kit.

Quick Jack delete.

I'm going to start working on a cold air intake that uses the oil cooler opening in the nose of the body. That'll be fun, I think.

I have 1100 miles on my car. I'm already at the point where I'm going to tear down the engine for modifications. I NEED MORE POWER!!!

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
For me it was the pusher fans. People stair at the car anyway. Turning the fans on draws them in like zombies on fresh brains. < Well, almost.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Lots of good ideas so far.

I am working on angled and tilted seat adjusters so the Street Performers are straight, but will shift slightly away from the tunnel when coming forward.

Am also measuring to move rear roll bar braces to lower 1 1/2". I have the hidden roll bar bolt kit(s) as well to add.

Every 'mod' idea I have done so far has already been pioneered by greater brains than mine!!
:D

Thanks,

Sean

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas so far. I'm for sure putting in the pusher fans. Also thinking about an angled base to the passenger seat to match the drivers side with the adjustable slider from FFR.

We're doing good so far, keep em coming..

Also, if we had any brains, zombie or any sort, we wouldn't be here!

Chris.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Did a few of 'em. Hidden body mounts, Ford Fun Drop Butt, rolled edges, recessed dash, but I think my favorite is the undercar exhaust. It really changes the look.

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Originally posted by mustangII460:
For me it was the pusher fans. People stair at the car anyway. Turning the fans on draws them in like zombies on fresh brains. < Well, almost.

I think that big space needs something to break it up like a fan or splitter. Even putting driving lights in there looks Hella nice.

Mike

·
Official OLD GUY
3,875 Posts
Cwood8656

Rolled edges, Drop Butt Mod with mod for 315's on MkII, removal of Quick-Jack bars, glocebox and Fuse panel relocated to swing down panel so it really is accessable. Soon to have "No-Hump" trunk mod w/ hidden hinges all around.

Doc

·
Official OLD GUY
3,875 Posts
Cwood8656

Rolled edges, Drop Butt Mod with mod for 315's on MkII, removal of Quick-Jack bars, glocebox and Fuse panel relocated to swing down panel so it really is accessable. Soon to have "No-Hump" trunk mod w/ hidden hinges all around.

Doc

·
Official OLD GUY
3,875 Posts
sorry about the double post . . . gotta get that mouse button fixed soon.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hoofa's front teeth and right headlight take the cake for me.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Drop butt mod,modified deck lid,tail lights, hidden hinges and lowered roll bar (and angled back more),and riveted on hood scoop.And the latest,power steering.
Baron

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not my favorite but an easy and necessary one is the access door on top of the drivers foot box ( in the engine compartment)

My favorite is the extension of the hood deck into the hood scoop

Dennis

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
um, yeah.

I never met a mod I didnt like.

1)FFMetal grand slammer; firewall, footboxes, batery box...

2)drivers dead pedal; I had custom from MidWest Cobra, but DarkWater has a nice solution now.

3) aluminum 45 degree transition peices between the seat floor and footbox floor; MidWest Cobra

4) Seat heaters; Breeze Automotive

5) glove box; ShellValley / MidWest Cobra

6) all the heater stuff behind the firewall to keep engine bay clean

7) underdash switches to keep dash clean

8) extra aluminum trim peices in engine compartment (MidWest Cobra, Toledo, OH)

9) hydraboost brakes; MPS

10) power steering; MPS

11)pin drive width front/rear IRS

12) deep dish Team IIIs, polished, 315 rear tires; NorthRaceCars

13) wiper box cover; again to keep the engine compartment neat; MidWest Cobra

14) powdercoated panels; Exotic Coatings

15) lizard skin; MidWest Cobra

16) polished aluminum; radiator SoFast shroud, radiator cover, Cobra valve covers, Cobra air cleaner

17) anadized steering column

18) ss flex lines - tried to keep "plain" rubber lines to a minimum.

19) mid shift TKO 600 with Pro 5.0 shifter; Forte

20)big ol Cobra disk brakes all around (DBRU and NorthRaceCars)

21) Custom polished aluminum trunk prop rod; MidWest Cobra

22) Shell Valley trunk hinges; NC Painter

23) re-worked nose aluminum; MidWest Cobra

24) Undercoating of body, rolled edges, hidden body mounts, extended hood under scope; NC Painter

25) Normal extras - wind wings, visors, roll bar trim rings, remote battery terminals, battery cut off switch with fused jumper to keep the clock going.

26) more stuff from FinishLine - steering wheel center emblem, harness bezels...

27)Russ Thompson pedal covers - including dead pedal

28) thicker dash aluminim, custom cut / layout, under dash support; MidWest Cobra

29) added clock to the dash

30) fully carpeted / finished trunk

31) adjustable seat track for drivers seat

- theres more, I just cant remember it all right now...

Being considered / in works:

- Soft top; Whitbys
- tonneau cover; FFR
- leather covered trans cover to match seats and dash
- leather door panels
- polished ss side pipes instead of the ceramics

Still wish I had spent more time to get implemented, but didnt:

- revised trunk alumimum, something like Cobra Earls deep trunk or other kinda customization.
- added tie down strap loops welded to frame
- fresh air vents, again like Cobra Earls.
- bigger re-done passenger foot box
- maybe a hidden stereo
- car alarm

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.