Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just curious what kind of times cobras on the board are running and what setups people have. so if you would, let's hear your time or better yet, see some slips if you have them.

thanks,
andrew

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
#1061 stock EFI, W/cats and BFG tires, 13.60's at 99mph.

#2283 BB 472 W/IRS, and BFG tires, 12'38 at 114mph. You can tell from the mph, that this car with slicks would be deep in the 11's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Went to the track Sunday with the new 347 hooked up to the twins for a little testing. It will not hook worth a damn in first but I managed a 11.23 @ 130 mph on Nitto DR. That is with a 2.0 second 60' time.

If it would hook I could get into the 10s, but I might break something.

Later,

Mike

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,042 Posts
FFR 3038 stock 5.0 T-5 3:55 13.03
FFR 3039 FMS 392 Tremec 3:55 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's 11.72 @119 mph Almost crossed the center line when grabing second. Looking for high 10's with slicks and a little dialing in.
Jeff Hamilton

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BIGMIKE, i'm somewhat of a turbo guru my self. i'd really like to see some pics and get some info on your setup (trim, mani design, intercooler placement, engine internals, etc). you've got me drooling here.

those are all impressive times, keep them comin guys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Jeez Big Mike, that must have been a ride!

Did they let you run again or did they kick you off the track? With a 130 mph trap speed you would be capable of running high 9's or low 10's. What are the safety requirements there with an open car?

With my luck, they would have kicked me off the track and told me to come back with a full NHRA cage and arm restraints.

·
Senior Charter Member
244 Posts
Jeff, Is that FMS 392 in FFR#3039 the stock crate engine?? That is impressive :eek: , may have to go with the small block after all......

·
Registered
289 Posts
12.55 at 109mph .656 reaction. 302, stock block,rods,pistons, E-cam, Y303 heads, stock rockers, Cobra intake, stock injectors, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 4 into 4 headers, BFG radial TA's, T-5, 3:55's. Had to ease it out of the hole due to the wheel hop problem. For those of you that want to run, I had problems passing tech due to I needed the roll bar coming inside the cockpit on either side of me for a 5pt set-up, arm restraints, helmet, neck brace, fire jacket. They wouldn't let me run until I found some arm restraints (which I didn't have but had the other stuff). So I found some arm restraints and they let me run and told me not to bring the car back again cause I need the rollbar into the cockpit. This is just to let others know about this for a NHRA sanctioned track.

[ October 15, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Darrell ]

·
Registered
184 Posts
4.6cobra - R-block 347, Eagle forged crank, H-beams, Holley Systemax intake, 38# injectors and 2 T04e/TS44 turbos blowing 10 psi thru it all. Big fat 4" thick 9 X 18 intercooler sitting up in front of the radiator. Tial WGs and BOV. I'm sure that there is more but I won't bore you.

Daytona - YES it was a ride! I'm gonna have to get used to it again. Spun through 2nd gear and still made 130 at the other end. The tracks around here don't require tech inspections on "test and tune" days/nights. No helmets needed, you can take a passenger if you want to. I don't! Don't want to be responsible for anyone else at those speeds.

Later,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Jim thanks for the nice comments on the video. As to the combo : 289 hi-po block, Boss steel crank/rods, J302 heads, victor jr w 750 holley. mech.roller cam [email protected] 586 lift 110 lc [small] 9.6 comp.ratio., I would love to up the compression and go to a bigger cam but I want to keep it streetable. I believe this combo is good for 10.5's when I work it a little more. I use a tremec w mid/shift kit. Tires are M/T 26x10.5's, skinnies up front. 9" rear w 4.11's. 4-link with adjustable uppers/tubular lowers w/heim ends. I did this before the autowelds were available.Lowered the uca front mounting point 1". Best short time has been 1.45 coming out at 6500 :eek: Heres a short video http://www.norcal-cobras.com/videos/MVC-002V.MPG Big Mike "HOLD ON" yours is going to be a Killer. You should have No problems getting well into the 10's I would advise wearing a helmet though. :rolleyes: Brian Dinsmore

[ October 16, 2002, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Qwik 1 ]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BIGMIKE- i'm definately not gettin bored, let's hear all about it. but i'd REALLLY like some pics.

andrew

·
Charter Member
122 Posts
I was speaking to a fellow selling a complete 4.6 4valve at a fairly good price and was wondering... how much do those things weigh? It seems like that would be a good way to get some great streetable power (not the 400+HP mill I have int he works, but I would live) plus they are great boosted. How tough was it to put your 4.6 in? I would imagine that custom headers would be a must, but what else?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
Mid twelves on street tires. I run a Kenne bell blower with a 5 pound pully on a mostly stock engine.

I must loose a second or even two at the line.
I "launch" just as hard as I do pulling out of a parking space at Wal-mart.
Any more gas and I'd just sit there and spin!
It's kind of comical when I race mustangs which rev high and explode out of the hole. I just kind of drift out in slow motion and catch'm at the end usually at about 112 mph. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I shift like your grandmother. Here's a mpegtry clicking on this:drag

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.