Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , i have bin reading alot the past days and some of u maybe see me me on the into section and just wane to thank u guys again for all the useful info.
this morning i was reading again
and was wondering whats the amalest smallblock ( not to much hp) u can put in a ffr roadster.

greetings Peter From belgium

·
6,559 Posts
Originally posted by mikeinatlanta:
Does anyone make a slabside body for the FFR chasis? That with the 260 would be pretty cool.
Mike,

Did you miss this announcement?

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
Ever heard of spellcheck? It's called respect!............Steven

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
...He could have asked the question in Flemish :D

[ October 20, 2007, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: quicksand ]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Lockyie, as far as "smallest block", ford 221, 260, 289, and 302 are all the same sized block, just different bore and stroke. When is comes to power, that is all in the build of the motor, if you do not want to much hp it is easy to build a lower horsepower 302 (around 140 hp), and the 302 block and parts will by far the most common and least expensive. also when you decide that you want more hp (and you will...), its easy to build back up.

concerning a few of the posts above, I respect anyone that can speak, read or write more than one language... is called diversity..

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Steve, let's assume you missed the fact that Lockyie is not from an English speaking country. There is a button that looks like a pencil and paper that you might want to press.

Lockyie, in answer to your question, a 302 Ford will be the lease expensive or difficult to find and can be tuned to be quite mild. It differs from the 260 and 289 Ford only by internal bore and stroke.

Mike

[ October 20, 2007, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Michael Stora ]

·
Junior Charter Member
591 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here, but is this about taxes on the car based on engine displacemnt?

If so, i always thought the BMW 3.0L V8 out of the E34 would be a realy neat engine to use.

·
Junior Charter Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Michael Stora:
Steve, let's assume you missed the fact that Lockyie is not from an English speaking country. There is a button that looks like a pencil and paper that you might want to press.

Lockyie, in answer to your question, a 302 Ford will be the lease expensive or difficult and can be tuned to be quire mild.

Mike
thanks mike,
the thing is im look ing for as mush info as i can.
so whan i have found the ringht moment ( whitin 6 years) i know what i have to look for and what not and thing like that

Greetings Peter

·
Junior Charter Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Aggie Cobra:
Just a shot in the dark here, but is this about taxes on the car based on engine displacemnt?

If so, i always thought the BMW 3.0L V8 out of the E34 would be a realy neat engine to use.
well its just a bit of evrything.
not to mush gass usage , taxes , not to mush power (having a heavy foot) i just got back from antwerp ( to buy new shoos and think have 2 more speedingtickets :( )

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
Yes, totally missed the fact that the Gent is from Belgium.............Sorry...Steven

·
Junior Charter Member
733 Posts
Smallest installed was a 260. Good luck finding one these days.
You might be better off just building a stock 289.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Not to cause a fight and not to offend Lockyie, but Steven is not totally in the wrong. While I completely respect someone who has taken the time to learn more than 1 language, I agree that using spellcheck is not a bad idea. I work with a guy who came over here from Cuba. He learned English, Spanish, and Italian while there. He speaks English pretty well, but he still uses spellcheck or has me read over things when he isn't sure. It's just common courtesy.

Reminds me of a joke:

What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages? Trilingual

What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages? Bilingual

What do you call a person who speaks 1 language? American

[ October 20, 2007, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: BigRedRPB ]

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
In the UK 20 years ago, the engine of choice for a cobra replica was the Rover 3500 V8. Cheap and plentiful overthere.
The engine is about 200lbs less than the Ford V8, nice and compact and easily sourced with a 5 speed tranny from a Rover SD1.

The engine was also found in Range Rovers, TVR and Morgan Sports cars. Very nice engine which can make 200+ hp easily.

I have one at home waiting for the right project!

·
Junior Charter Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hoo nice to know

sorry about my spelling i look more in to it.
well BigRedRPB u can count me under Trilingual

1 - 20 of 37 Posts