Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I say the definition of a roller is a car you can tow (safely) behind another car. I'm there.....I tried to talk my boys into towing me around the neighborhood while I steered the "roller" but they said I was crazy
How does it look? I have good brakes and e-brake, fuel tank is plumbed, all metal is pre-fitted and ready to go. Am I ready to drop in the motor? Can't think of anything but doing some pre-wiring? (Getting my Snap harness this week). Oh, almost forgot....the Thermo-Tech will go in before the motor. I'm getting with Mike Fore on Monday to get the drive train shipped. Hopefully go-cart by early March.

·
Charter Member
125 Posts
I have to stay off this board. I had my head set on halabrand look. But now I just love those bullits. Damn!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Looks great. Are those polished or chrome bullits? I am pretty sure I am going to go with polished. What size rear tires are you running?

Keep up the good work.

-Jon

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Have you added the ground studs yet? If you don't weld, your best bet is to figure out where you need them, and drill the holes for some self tapping screws. Don't forget to scrape the powdercoat off so you can get a good ground. As a minimum, you will need at least two behind the dash, two at the rear for the tail/brake lights and fuel sender, and two at the front for the lights, horn and fan. You should also install a 5/16" bolt near the right motormount or starter area for your main engine ground. The battery will also require a large bolt or ground stud for the negative cable. You may need others, depending on what electrical acessories you plan on using. John

·
"The" FFR Master
3,172 Posts
You got it and it looks great. Too late for me to change my wheel choice I have them already. Keep up the good work.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,
Thanks. I totally forgot about them. My fear is that I drop in the motor and then realize I have to pull it for something I forgot.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon, They are chrome. I wanted the polished but could not get them in 6.42" backspace.

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Looks great Russ!! Let me know when you are ready to drop in the engine and I'll give you a hand.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Perry, I'd love the help of an experienced builder
Should be about 30 days depending on how long it takes to get my drive train from Mike.

Kevin, I spent about 2 hours today cleaning up.....thanks for noticing.

·
Charter Member
858 Posts
Looking Good Russ! I would definatly call her a roller! That is a darn fine operating room you have to build her in!

Prost,
Rich

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
If I see one more pic of a spotless garage since mines full of sanding dust from body work. How much time do you spend cleaning up your shop after working? Dog your build looks great. I say it's time to add the heart. I found it easyer to run the conduit thru the tunnel for rear harness befor engine install. Not that it can't be done afterwards,just more room without tranny there.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Looks great - definitely a nice roller! Wouldn't hurt to mount the battery and do the basic wiring. It'll never be any easier access-wise. Same could be said for fuel lines.

Congrats!
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts