Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Are we there yet ?
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy everyone, I have an IRS Question.

I should pull the trigger in a year or so, but for now I'm still planning my budget, the different options and mods I’ll like to do.
I have a big interest to go with the IRS option on my kit, so I did my homework and read tons of threads about the pros and cons. But there is one thing I still didn't figure out ! :confused:
What exactly is included in the option. Does it include the differential, brakes, control arms (upper and lower), Koni coil-over shocks, axles, CV joints/boots ? Will I need to buy any other components ?

Patrick

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Are you talking complete or donor(base) kit?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Koni Coil Overs
Upper and Lower Control Arms
CV Axles
Welded in Cage
E-brake Cables

Hardware
C/O Mounting Bolts - Gr 5
Control arms Mounting Bolts - Gr 5
Differential Carrier Mounting Bolts Gr -5 (Personally i bought grade 8's)

You have to come up with a differential carrier w/ differential and gears, Spindles/Knuckles (depending on what your local junkyard calls them), hubs, either cobra or re-drilled Thunderbird. Spindle/Knuckle mounting bolts, Brakes, Brake Lines (from hard line to caliper), alignment, axle nuts (local ford dealer is cheapest).

There will be some other small parts in there, probably a bolt or two you wont use, and you may be missing some stuff and have to call them a few times and have them send you parts they didn't put in the box. But they are easy to deal with and send them right to you. I'm probably forgetting some stuff, i'm sure someone will correct me shortly if i am.

Good Luck

Edit: On Axles: They will send you either components or assembled axles, but they are all the pieces; shafts, all four bearing ends, clips, boots, clamps, and moly grease. Tis is for the complete kit mind you, i have no clue about the donor, if it is any different.

·
Are we there yet ?
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello KC
Well, I'm not sure yet, I'm still seeing the pros and cons of base (but new parts) VS Complete.
But let's say that I'll go for the complete kit.

·
Are we there yet ?
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's excatly what I needed to know, ty.
So from there I have another question:Is there any vendor that sell what is "extra" needed part as a complementary kit with all the bolts and nuts ... Breeze, Forte ?
I'm far from being a mechanical expert and I'll feel much confortable knowing that everything is included in a package.

·
Benched
3,181 Posts
I got all my extra parts from Mike Forte. No matter what there is always going to be an odd bolt here and there you have to get. I got my entire drive train from Mike. From brakes to LCA's to axles to pumpkin to spindles. I had a basic kit so I don't know what is included in the complete but I'm sure Mike or Steve does and can get you setup.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I suggest that you call FFR. I just placed my order for a mk4 complete kit with IRS. They walked me thru everything and answered alot of what you're asking.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts