Factory Five Racing Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Mark, you are correct. The strut has no effect until the door is opened at least 1/8th of possible opening. The strut is very slightly over centre with the door closed. Hope that makes sense.

I am really happy with the end result.

Cheers Nigel

·
Registered
125 Posts
Makin' progress, Todd. When you get to the brake/fuel lines, let me know if you need a good flaring tool.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Current status of rainy days & virus lock-down project. Shaft is the last thing to take out before I start putting it back together. New NITTO NT01 255 & 315X 17" tires on the car, brake pads changed HAWK HPS

TO DO - fresh oil, oil filter & coolant, new oil pan gasket windage tray, new flywheel, pressure plate, friction disk, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, fresh transmission fluid, fresh rear end fluid, new dash panel & covering, new transmission covering, new console covering, plastic toggle switches replaced with metal ones, twin dual range USB ports added to transmission cover, new instruments, sensors & sensor wiring.

Some help on this question:

Have new Centerforce Billet Steel flywheel 700215, Centerforce DF148500 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc Set, Tremec Bellhousing TCCM 1899, Ford cable pull throw-out fork XR33-7515-AA.

Looks like an adjustable pivot ball. What is the correct height & how is it measured?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Holy Cow! It's going to be a brand new car.
Its like eating peanuts you cant do just one. Well as long as this is out I might as well do this & so on down the rabbit hole.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Short day today company coming - mid 80's & the pool is open @ 85 degrees. Expect company most weekends.

Dash prepped for covering.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts