Factory Five Racing Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Mark, you are correct. The strut has no effect until the door is opened at least 1/8th of possible opening. The strut is very slightly over centre with the door closed. Hope that makes sense.

I am really happy with the end result.

Cheers Nigel

·
Registered
128 Posts
Makin' progress, Todd. When you get to the brake/fuel lines, let me know if you need a good flaring tool.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Current status of rainy days & virus lock-down project. Shaft is the last thing to take out before I start putting it back together. New NITTO NT01 255 & 315X 17" tires on the car, brake pads changed HAWK HPS

TO DO - fresh oil, oil filter & coolant, new oil pan gasket windage tray, new flywheel, pressure plate, friction disk, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, fresh transmission fluid, fresh rear end fluid, new dash panel & covering, new transmission covering, new console covering, plastic toggle switches replaced with metal ones, twin dual range USB ports added to transmission cover, new instruments, sensors & sensor wiring.

Some help on this question:

Have new Centerforce Billet Steel flywheel 700215, Centerforce DF148500 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc Set, Tremec Bellhousing TCCM 1899, Ford cable pull throw-out fork XR33-7515-AA.

Looks like an adjustable pivot ball. What is the correct height & how is it measured?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Holy Cow! It's going to be a brand new car.
Its like eating peanuts you cant do just one. Well as long as this is out I might as well do this & so on down the rabbit hole.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Short day today company coming - mid 80's & the pool is open @ 85 degrees. Expect company most weekends.

Dash prepped for covering.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Trial fit after a few nips, tucks, bends & hammer whacks. Easy Peazy.

The metal Toggle switches are installed in the dash harness. Next cover it, install the gauges & wire them 👨‍🚒. Add the Snake & COBRA script & move on to putting the transmission back in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Made door cards.

20200530_214633.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Beautiful Day in the West Suburbs of Chicago!!!!!!

Gawked at the build today in the garage amazed at how for it's come and I'm the one that did it! Still amazes me everyday.

Then got the Mustang for a cruise and icecream at the Dairy Joy! Love it!

Jason

20200531_153930.jpg

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Got up early & ran some Moonshine Roads with the Z4. Coming up on 1000 miles out of 1200 break-in miles so letting it run a bit harder. Great fun, the car is more than I expected. Nice road test by a pro driver.

Z4 M40i Track run at NCM.

Got the dash and trans tunnel covered. All the gauges & lose switches are in. Will mount the 4 on the cars harness when I install the dash. Still have to stick the snake & Cobra scrip on it.

Next is a makeover of the console

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I always loved the Z s. It is the only car my wife has ever been interested in as a fun car only. Maybe one day I will have one too. Need a bigger garage for that. Lol

161 - 175 of 175 Posts