Factory Five Racing Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Curious George
Joined
·
420 Posts
got the pedalbox back on track - still waiting on parts, but at least it's setup for hydraulic clutch and Power Brakes now
plus I painted the raw aluminum to keep the black them going LOL

358631


painted some more parts for the whitby system tonight too...
358628


358629


and did some rustproofing on the driveshaft...

358630
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
96 Posts
Working on my Brown County Custom dashboard for Gen 2 Coupe. Just got dash back from being powder coated. Will try to get all gauges and switches mounted and begin wiring with harness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Was able to get a new Centerforce billet steel flywheel for $200. Old iron flywheel would cost $50+ to resurface. Seemed like the best move with 7000+ RPM potential.
358642
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
The Koolmat went ok. I only was able to to do 1/4 of the cockpit before it was time to go to work.

It is much easier to make a small piece work. I tried to to do the back cockpit wall (the biggest piece). There are sections I can not stop from lifting. The smaller pieces are perfect. I will cut up the big pieces for now on like the floor board. Which I did on the PS.

I assume on the parts that are lifting I can cut a small slit and peel it back a bit and add some more contact cement. Maybe I can use my marinade syringe to squirt s little in the lifted area.

We will see after it totally sets up.

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I was having issues in town stoplight to stoplight with engine temps right at 210F. No issues at speed, with temps running below 180F consistently. I had a smaller crank pulley ~ 4.6" on the 347. Went to a 6.125" crank pulley that was installed this morning - will see what difference that makes tomorrow. Of course, had to get a longer serpentine belt as part of that modification, also installed. While I was at it, I replaced the nearly 7 year old 51R battery with a fresh one. Had to take the old one out to swap out the crank pulley anyway, so seemed like a good opportunity to take care of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
looks great! what's the weight difference?
About 8lbs. You need an aluminum one to loose weight. I was looking for strength.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Wow ....... love the cobra stencil. You may have to gets some LED’s in the cowl to light that up at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Like the stencil. If I had art talent would spray a silver one on my black radiator shield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Like the stencil. If I had art talent would spray a silver one on my black radiator shield.
Simple enough. Print out design, tape it to posterboard, cut out with x-acto knife, light contact spray to the back of stencil, then light dusting with spray paint.
 

·
Curious George
Joined
·
420 Posts
Simple enough. Print out design, tape it to posterboard, cut out with x-acto knife, light contact spray to the back of stencil, then light dusting with spray paint.
Yeah we did something similar on my wife’s Focus ST Prepping the Mountune FMIC


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Simple enough. Print out design, tape it to posterboard, cut out with x-acto knife, light contact spray to the back of stencil, then light dusting with spray paint.
Sounds good - will add it to my TODO pile. :D
 

·
Curious George
Joined
·
420 Posts
Pulled all the pedal box and panel to make a template for the Whitney power brakes



Realized I had to notch the board to fit the 3/4” tube



Top two holes line up for the Wilwood pedal box , the driver side lower hole lines up

Had to drill the lower passenger side


Serious pain - started with 1/8” in bit and worked up to 5/16 - took a break tonight need to get to 3/8
 
121 - 140 of 175 Posts
Top