Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As more and more people get put in lock down it's nice to have a forum and projects like this to keep daily life going.

My occolating sander wasn't going to cut the small ajustments I needed on the hood. I got a orbital sander and some 80 and 120 grit paper. I only have a little to take off to get it to fit.
Then I plan on installing hinges and support.

I most likely will have to work around rain today??

What are you guys doing today?

Jason

·
Registered
75 Posts
Today - going to pull the release pin on the E-brake; and then secure the E-brake cover over the trans tunnel side.
Already done today - ordered a snapless tonneau from Phil & Kay
Tomorrow - going to meet the exhaust man at his shop before he opens (time for pipes to cool) and he's going to weld exhaust hanger tabs to the side pipes (I got the flowmasters grafted into the original set of pipes from FFR). Also at the muffler shop - hope to get the drive shaft safety loop modified or relocated as it's coming in slight contact with the D-shaft forward u-bolt cluster on aggressive gear shifts. While it's on the lift - I plan to sneak under there to review pinion angle and adjust if necessary - suspect it's on the high side now (too much angle) and need to back it off some.

·
Registered
660 Posts
riveting on both DS and PS floors, finished breeze upper radiator mounts, grounded my heater, fixed a leak in my rear brake system at the MC.

·
Not a waxer
11,768 Posts
My build? Hah! I parked my poor old car in the house garage after an autocross last September and since then all it has done is collect dust!

I did make progress (and lots of pink dust) on a 25th Anniversary car today though. Installed the windshield, trimmed, fitted and adjusted the doors, hood and trunk and also cut out for the sidepipes and installed them.

Tomorrow I'll start throwing filler on it to match the moving panels up to the body and probably break it all back down on Sunday...if I don't decide to hose my car off and take advantage of what is supposed to be a nice day to go for a socially distancing drive!

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like seeing the process. Get out and enjoy your car. I'm trying to get there.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Brakes rebuilt & flushed. New pads & discs. Chassis cleaned. Truck Bed liner touched up where needed. Rear end lube replaced. Full lubrication. Checked all nut & bolts markers for loosening, only found one.

Still to do - parts on hand. Replace Clutch cable, clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing. Replace instruments with custom made classic style. Torque wheel bolts & reinstall knockoffs.

Car got neglected a bit today. Got a new convertible the other day & the sun was out today for the first time & I am weak. :devilish:

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
I’m doing nothing but my painter is prepping it for paint

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hope to fit trunk lid. Pics to follow.
JR

·
Registered
24 Posts
As more and more people get put in lock down it's nice to have a forum and projects like this to keep daily life going.

My occolating sander wasn't going to cut the small ajustments I needed on the hood. I got a orbital sander and some 80 and 120 grit paper. I only have a little to take off to get it to fit.
Then I plan on installing hinges and support.

I most likely will have to work around rain today??

What are you guys doing today?

Jason

1 - 20 of 176 Posts