Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I will be doing a non-donor Mark III build which will open up some options of using a late model 8.8. Does anyone know which Mustangs (of any year) came stock with 3.27's, traction lok, and discs?

Thanks!

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
I believe all automatic transmission mustangs from 87-93 had 3.27 rear ends. None, except for 93 cobra, mid 80s SVOs had rear discs.

I think you can find a certain year T-bird that came with rear dics and something btw. 3.27s-3.73s, but i am not too familiar with that.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, Brian.

Actually, I am really interested in those Mustangs after 93. With the Mark III, I can use any rear end.

·
Charter Member
2,612 Posts
The '90 T-bird SC which I used for the IRS had 3.27 gears with discs.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, gentlemen...

I'm looking for a non-IRS so if it's true that '94 and up had them, that's exactly what I needed to know!

Seeya!

·
Registered
692 Posts
You'll likey want a 94-98 rearend. The 99-ups all had disc rears and 3.27s, but they're wider than the 94-98s. For 94-95, the 3.27s might have been an option. Not sure. For 96-98, 3.27s were the standard ratio on Cobras and were the optional ratio available for GTs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.