Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 782 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you all have awesome stories of what's happened in your Cobras. I love reading them every day when I get home from work. It makes me excited to own one someday.

So, what's the coolest thing that happened while you were in your Cobra?

Thanks for responding you guys are awesome. :D

·
dreamer turned builder
1,067 Posts
Let's see, last night I was rejoicing in having finally installed my IRS components and having mounted the wheels. I was sitting in the driver's seat making engine noises and my wife brought me out some cookies. That was pretty cool for me.

Justin

·
Premium Member
17,785 Posts
The first day I had mine legal (and I do mean the very first day), I was out driving around and enjoying the new car. At a stop light there was a car full of young gals. One of them leaned out of her window and said, "Wow, cool car! Want to get married?"

It just keeps getting better.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Just about every time I take it out for a ride something happens :D . then when I go to work I get guys telling me I saw you out last night. I am a quiet type but driving this car is always fun and a way to start talking to people. Drive safe everyone is watching you.
David W

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
Best thing for me, so far, happened at a car show this summer. A guy who was related to Carroll Shelby and had been to many family functions at his place told me that my car was one of the coolest Cobras he had ever seen. Good thing my car doesn't have a top so my head could fit in for the ride home that day. Great memory, for sure.

KC

·
5,470 Posts
Hmmm, I was at a car dealership last month and was BS'in with a salesmen with my girlfriend. He was hyping up all these cars and my girlfriend makes a comment about Cobras and such. Salesmen says "Oh yeah, the other day I was test driving a Ford Truck and saw this &#@[email protected]# awesome Cobra right by here, I revved the engine and he ignored me till he turned. Then he really laid it on, it was so [email protected]#!" I say, oh yeah? So that was you sittin' in the passenger seat of that red Ford truck? He gives me a blank open mouth stare... sigh.

·
Junior Charter Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David, I know what you mean about everyone watching you, my Camaro is a weird cream color with louvers on the back window and a gold Camaro across the windshield.(very recognizeable ;) ) Everyone always tells me, "Hey I saw you driving around the other day."

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
As a result of owning a FFR Roadster, I met a forum member and got to drive his friend's Ford GT. The car had 6 miles on it when I drove it. I even drove it before the owner did! If I didn't own one of these cars, I wouldn't be on this website everyday, and wouldn't have hooked up with Brian (norcalsnake) to be able to drive the Ford GT.

I also had a gal in the grocery store parking lot tell me (after her boyfriend was drooling on my car), then he doesn't get this excited when she puts on lingerie for him. I didn't really know how to answer that one.

The coolest thing that happens every time I drive mine is having the satisfaction that I own and built this cool car that performs great and attracts tons of attention.

·
10,170 Posts
The people that I have met is one of the better things...
The weirdest thing.. This build almost cost me a D-I-V-O-R-C-E... But After I got the body on it and it became a car... she is the Cobra's biggest fan.. she won't let me sell it. And when you hear her in a parking lot discussions... you would think she knows more about the Cobra then ole' Shel himself....

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,170 Posts
The best thing is meeting new great people from the forums.

Driving, without a doubt, on the track, finally getting the car to work right, deep brake, and shoot out of the turns. Once it starts to flow like that, it's majic.

·
3,210 Posts
Gotta be driving my daughter to the church for her wedding.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
I've told this before...

I went out cruising around town late one afternoon. Right on Broadway I pass by a very, very long white Cadillac limousine. Of course all the windows are dark tint so you can't see in. At the next light, the driver stops short, rolls down his window and says something like "Man, that must be a real blast to drive!"
I say you bet it is, and he's just grinning, nodding his head.
The light changes and I get on it a little, then back off and just cruise again. :cool:
I'm thinking that to talk to me at the light, he must not have any clients aboard.
Well, as he goes by again and the last window of the limo gets right next to me, it is down with a late 20-something guy yelling for me to rev it up.
I give it a very healthy rev, with the sidedpipe right next to their window, and immediately from within the limo I hear more than one girl let out an involuntary scream!
Cracked me up! :D

Steve

http://home.thegrid.net/~ffr4776

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
I drove mine work last week and I went down at lunch, to make sure it was still there, and one of the software engineers that was sitting outside said, hey did you see there was a Cobra in the parking lot. It was so cool to say, yes I did, it's mine. What a day.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Nothing cool has ever happened to me.

Oh, just thought of one: this past August while leading a cruise through North Jersey, MrMustang and I hung the rest of the cruise on a light in Hackettstown. We pulled to the curb to wait for the light to change. Black SUV in the opposite lane (waiting for the light) rolls down the window, makes a couple of positive comments, and whips out a camera and starts taking pictures. So my wife said, "What do those people do, ride around with their camera at the ready?!"

[ October 30, 2006, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Turkey Master ]

·
Charter Member
274 Posts
My daughter was talking to new employee at her work. She found out he is a car fanatic and he proved it by showing her a short video he had taken with his cellphone a few weeks prior to getting hired. It was a blue Cobra leaving the park lot of the local Best Buy electronics store. Its a small world after all. He had caught the wife & I out shopping!!

·
557 Posts
I was heading home from a car guy meeting (oddfellows up here in MN) and there is a big white Escalade trailing me. After a few minutes he pulls up along side me and paces me. Then the passenger window rolls down and a guy leans out and yell's "Hit it right now!"

Since the road in front of me was clear I pulled SuperCobra2 out of sixth and put her in third and nailed it. The guys passed me a few miles later after I slowed back down with huge smiles and gave big waves.

Having someone on the highway talk to me was a first.
Eric.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
The car attracts people taking pictures. With the picture celphones, I think there must be 1000 shots of my cobra out there by now. I drive almost every day and it almost never fails that there is someone snapping pictures on the fly. I had one guy take the front, side, back and one in his rearview mirror.

Will got told by a cop to nail it so he could see it go....after promising not to give him a ticket.

Wherever I go I end up giving a total lecture on the build and what went into it. People just ask, ask ask....

·
Senior Charter Member
434 Posts
There are a couple of schools in the area(1 high school and 1 college)building FFR`s.I was helping both raise money/support for their cause`s by showing my cobra at their show`s and parents night/open house.I was sitting in my lawn chair behind the car as a group of girl`s walk up to the cobra.One of the girl`s said to her friend " this is the coolest car i`ve ever seen,I just want to lick it".I laughed to my self and thought I`ll take that as a complimant.

1 - 20 of 782 Posts