Factory Five Racing Forum banner

What to pull?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tweeker 
#1 ·
I just picked up my donor car, 90 GT mustang, for the engine, tranny, computer and harness. Before I put it back on Craig's list is there anything else you suggest I extract. I am thinking of at least pulling the power steering just in case I don't like the feel of the manual. Background: I purchased a complete kit from FFR so I don't need suspension, brakes or rear end.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Last I knew, you DO need the rear end. It no longer comes with the kit.

I would consider pulling the pedal box as well. There have been some problems with the Supplied pedals breaking. You might want to stick with the stock box. You will only need the engine wiring up to the computer. The rest can be left behind.
Mike

#4 ·
Um, I know this will sound crazy, but does the door ajar/key in ignition warning chime work on that car? I'm on my second chime module and it died last month. They are no longer made and I really like having one (sometimes drive with lights on for fog in the morning and have left them on).

I'd be interested in it if it works.

Thanks...
Mark

#6 ·
I would grab the gas tank, fuel pump and rear fuel lines also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.