Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of the engine compartment from a CSX car. There are two components on the top of the Driver's side footbox. Can someone ID these for me? One looks like a resistor block. The other has me a bit stumped. If you have part numbers, that would be great.
Appreciate any help
best
Ron

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
additional insight

My ongoing research into these components indicates that the larger one may be an ignition transistor box that was correct for the FE big blocks and therefore a correct piece for the Cobra BB cars. It appears that this was a rather rare feature (transistorized ignition) available as an option in the some (?) of the Fords of the day. The other piece does appear to be a resistor ballast that was part of this system. Doing some image forensics it appears to carry the label FoMoCo in a box at the center and the words DISCONNECT AT PLUG and WELDED TERMINALS stamped into the metal retaining bracket.
Any additional information to confirm what I have found here, including part numbers, would be greatly appreciated.
thx
Ron

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your correct

Yes that is an early FoMoCo transistorized ignition module that actually was designed and used on medium & heavy truck of that time period. Many guys back then retro fitted them for passenger car use
Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.