Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my PS Engineering wheels and want to order tires Monday, I have 15x8's for the front & 15x10's for the rear I'm going to use BFG's, I was thinking 245x50-15 front & 275x50-15 rear could I go wider in the rear without a problem? Using stock donor 8.8 rear with quad shocks. Als while I'm on a roll what up with the emergency brake cables? They seem really long to attach per the manual, it makes reference to needing a hacksaw but never says wether to cut anything...Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The 275's in the rear with quad shocks is about the most you could fit back there with about 1/4" of actual clearance. That will not rub with 1/4" once on the ground but will get REAL close to the inside wall if the rear is hanging. Not to worry. They have Gabriel quads that are supposed to be narrower than most but I cannot seem to find them. I used KYB's from Summit. The other option is to move the quads inside the regular shocks. I would like to try this but I fear upsetting the set geometry I worked so hard to obtain. You should mount your quads upside down and remove the sleeve (hacksaw/sawzall/dremel) from around the shaft for the most clearance.

[ November 16, 2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: JAM1775 ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 15X10 wheels on the back (Team III) with 275-50-15's with the stock rear (quad-shock) and I would say I'm at or slightly past the limit. The tires run close to the shocks on the inside, and have a slight rub inside the fender on the outside in some situations. Additionally, I had to pull my right-hand e-brake cable a bit tighter (inboard) to stop it from rubbing on the wheel weight. I suspect that when you start routing your e-brake cable you won't find it too long... don't cut anything.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 295/50-15 Yokohamas on my rolling chassis with reversed stock quads. Suspension clearance looks good, it's the angled cockpit wall that worries me. That aluminum is not on yet but it looks less than 1/2". No muddy roads for me. But man they look great.

Loving it,
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts