Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is for the heater hose. I dont need it now. How do I plug it? Can I buy something from auto parts store right away. Its stopping me from gokarting. What size is it? Thanks

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts
5/8" hose. Most people without a heater cap it. Until you get a cap, a short piece of heater hose clamped to the nipple with a 3/8 pipe plug (if I recall the size correctly, but take a section of heater hose to check for tight fit) pushed in the end and clamped will work. Later you can make it pretty with a nice cap!

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
Autozone sells rubber caps that you clamp on the nipple. They come in 2-packs, and you want to carry the extra one with you. They fail at rather inconvenient times.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
Kouros:
Here's what Mark is talking about:

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, That picture helps. So I get the 5/8 hose clamp it, then get the 3/8 screw in male and clamp to hose!? Right?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Napa sells a rubber cap that you hose clamp around the base. There's no screw sticking out the top, it looks reasonable. I don't have any pics right now, but I'll try to take some tomorrow. They will set you back a couple of bucks and looks nicer than the suggestions above.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Kouros:

Like Feddersen said, I used the NAPA "plug". They come in two sizes so you should know what size you need when you go there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts