Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What CCA Odyessy battery? Fairly stock 302, carb, no heater, all the other standard stuff. The small Odyssey's are very appealing!

Thanks for the input...
Michael~

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Michael:
I'm using an Optima Red Top size 34 with 800 CCA.
I was able to buy it for $129.00 from Summit before the price went to $189.00 for the same unit.
It turns my 351W incredibly well and is mounted in the trunk with the F5 supplied no.4 battery cables.
Just be sure to make good grounds and you'll be fine.
HTH
Paul M.

·
Senior Charter Member
302 Posts
I've been using a PC680 for over a year now with no problems. IF you remember to turn the key ALL the way off! It's mounted to the X member and hooks up to the donor battery cables in the stock harness.

Don

·
dreamer turned builder
1,082 Posts
I am using the Odyessy PC925T mounted atop the passenger footbox. I just called an Ebay store and they shipped it out to me that day. $120+$12 shipping. Here is the contact info if you want to call them:

Ron Van Arsdall
Quality Power
(626) 358-0763

·
FFCobra Fanatic
908 Posts
I also have the PC680MJ found on ebay. I think it would work fine in ANY car that does not use juice when not running. Just make sure your alternator charges at idle or you are aware it doesn't. The one problem I had was when I was tuning with the car idling at low RPM for a long period as my type 1 alternator does not kick in until about 900 RPM.

·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone... I'm gonna go with the 680 mounted on the PFB at the firewall.

Michael~

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Originally posted by KarlS:
I also have the PC680MJ found on ebay. I think it would work fine in ANY car that does not use juice when not running.
I'm curious.

Does this mean you couldn't use it on a car with any need for 'keep alive' memory like a radio, clock or EFI type engine control module (computer)?

Or are these power draws insignificant enough to not worry about?

Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts