Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very seriously considering taking my car in to have the carpet installed by a pro. I would have them do it from scratch. What are some details I should have done? I have seen a car that had the the carpet edged around the top of the trans tunnel. Just looking for ideas and pics. The car is tangerine and the interior will be black. Thanks. Dan

[ April 11, 2007, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: HOTROD ]

·
Junior Charter Member
719 Posts
First, have them even up the sideburns. On the carpeting, (since I'm having the samething done next week
), consider a removable tranny cover piece, with bound edges for access, should the need arise. Don't forget that in all likelyhood, at some time the car will get caught in the rain. Make sure the carpet that you use can withstand that abuse and has UV protection to keep from fading with sun exposure.

Enjoy!
Matt

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,700 Posts
I also like the look of bound edges on the footbox floor pieces.And these should probably be secured w/ snaps or something similiar so they easily remove.Good luck and pls post pics of the finished job.

·
Junior Charter Member
259 Posts
Dan, If you don't mind me asking, which shop are you thinking of using? I'm not far from you and shopping around now for shops for an old truck project. Thanks.

·
Cobrafied
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bradley Trim and Glass is my first choice. I have talked to them yet. I am just familiar with their work. Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts