Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running the Ford Motorsport 5 lug axles on the 8.8" rear with drums. I just picked up some new T-Bird calipers. I can make my own brackets, but what rotors do I use? I found the trick Cobra 11.65" rotors in the catalog but do they fit the offset of the drum/axle setup?

Thanks,

Karl

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
94-95 mustang cobra vented rotors. I did this once you have to cut the stock t-bird brakets and weld them .75 back to work the 5 lug drum axles. should work great.
good luck

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
jamesfast, what do you mean exactly by weld them .75 back. I know that we have to offset the brackets by .75 because of the axles lenght diff. Where did you cut, what did you add to get the .75??

Thanks for your help

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
disc(T-Bird, 94-95 mustang) axles are .75" longer than drum axles, so to use the drum axles you need to cut the top off the caliper mounting braket just the top where the caliper bolt holes are. Measure .75" from the front back to find the new location to weld the top (caliper mounting holes). If you would like I can take some pic's of the finished piece off my car and e-mail you..
just send me youe e-mail

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jamesfast, shoot me a picture too since I will be fabbing my own.

Did you order the rotors from Ford?

Thanks for the info.

Karl

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
You can have the T-Bird rotors redrilled by a local machine shop. They are hubcentric so they arent centering off of the studs. Good Luck with em!

Mike

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hey jamesfast,

Did not receive you pictures yet, did you had a chance to take them?

Thanks

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
Sorry guy's, I did take the pic's I will send them tonight. I had to fix my Home computer after I let my soon to be use it. She loaded some new printer drivers and nothing work right. but it's all fixed as of 12:00 last night(I hope).
I will shoot them off tonight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts