Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with Vortech blowers on 5.0 engines, what aluminum pulleys are you using. I have a March 2010 set and the crank pulley for the Vortech won't fit inside. :(
I guess we can't run underdrive pulleys - but most aftermarket pollished pulleys seem to be underdrive only.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Brian - call ASP (www.aspracing.com). They have a one piece blower drive pulley that is standard or overdrive on the blower, and underdrive on the engine accessories. $110 - $150 depending on whether you want nitride or aluminum finish. I have the 8-rib setup on my car.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW are you guys fast, I didn't even have time to fill up my coffee cup :eek:

Thanks Wade and Ozona, I'll call them right now.

I take it that March doesn't have anything to fit?

·
6,546 Posts
Sure, but there is no real difference and the March pulleys will cost you more.

I think March mixes platinum or diamonds or something into their aluminum...or are convinced they should price it as if it did. :rolleyes:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,542 Posts
Vortech has the one-piece pulleys as well, in an 8 Rib with the integral underdrive accessory pulley. Its actually from the 86-93 Cobra blower because the Cobra had a smaller water pump pulley.
Part number:4FA018-022 8 groove 4.75/6.87 pulley

You will need four 3/8-16 X 1-3/4" bolts washers and lock washers to run this one. Your belt should be the same if you have an 8 rib. You may be able to swap Vortech if you havent used yours yet. Good Luck!

Mike

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5.8Cobra,
Thanks for the part number, that thing must be made of (as Ozona says) Platinum and crushed diamonds as well, 160.00 for an aluminum with a gray anodized finish! March has a model 1053 as well for 172.00 but at least it's pollished and powdercoated.

Brian

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
My S-trim kit came with a composite-looking 8 rib lower pulley, not the pulley that goes inside the factory Ford crank pulley. I still use the March underdrive water pump and alternator pulley. The water pump is really close, but it seems ok. The crank pulley doesn't look that nice since everything including the supercharger and brackets are polished, but you really don't notice it that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.