Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished building another brand of car and like the build process. I am now looking at building a FF roadster. Each brand is a new ballgame so I am just learning about Factory Fives.

FF has a sale on now with these parts for 699.00 over the kit price:
Twin-Core Aluminum Radiator ($299 value)
- OEM Fuel Tank Components ($495 value)
- Front SN95 Spindles & Brakes ($1,094 value)
- Custom Chassis Harness & Electrical Components ($629 value)
- Aluminum Manual Steering Rack & Hardware ($299 value)
- $700 Wheel Credit

I most likely would be building with a carb 302 and a T-5. Other than engine, trans, rear end, and donor pedal assembly, what other parts would I need?

One other question. I am 6'2", 240, the FFs use to be really tight, with the changes in the Mark IV can I reasonably fit?

Thanks.
Wayne

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really depends on what you want to do on your build. If you read through the forum, there are enough ideas to upgrade or keep everything. I'm mid way through my basic kit build. I was thinking mostly donor when I started, but have started going more new parts. All the parts listed are a good options at the discount, but you could go insane with all the options the builders on this forum come up with.

There are a couple of mods for a taller driver, seats in particular, that could be done. I'm 6'3" 220lb and I drove a build with only the legacy low back seats as a mod and I fit fine. YMMV

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is the sale I went for, finish date Nov 17th. I believe it's a good deal. All the stuff listed is not free because the total discount is $2800.17. Things I know I will need are, gauges, radiator hoses, all pedals and cables, emergency handle with cables. I am sure there are things I do not realize yet. Gas, brake, and emergency handles are cheap at the junk yard. To me shopping is part of the fun.

·
Charter Member
3,740 Posts
wbulk said:
Other than engine, trans, rear end, and donor pedal assembly, what other parts would I need?
The search function would help you a lot, but here is a small list.
Gasoline, water, antifreeze, brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, gear oil, silicone sealer, radiator hoses, electrical connectors, drivetrain nuts, drivetrain bolts, drivetrain washers, drive shaft, wheel, tires, front lower control arms, suspension nuts, suspension bolts, suspension washers, clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, rear brake lines, coilovers, gas pedal, e brake handle & cables, etc...

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
Go here
Home | Factory Five Racing
Put you pointer over "kits" and then move it over 'roadster' and you get a dropdown.Put the pointer over either basic kit or complete kit and you get 2 buttons. 1-what you get, 2-what you need. Welcome and good luck
RE: fitting in the car. The quickest and easiest way to gain 3 inches of legroom is to go w/ the Kirkey seats. The seat back is only about 1/2 inch thick vs 3-4 inches thickness in the normal roadster seat. The bjandorff posts are really good info.

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information guys. So, it looks like no big issues. For the most part it would appear with this sale FF is giving you a deal on the major items that you would need a donor for other than the engine, trans, and rear end. Ya, there are always a ton of small items. This helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.